Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Gaye (Julia) Gibbs
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2018 :  21:59:30  Show Profile
Many Triple-M friends will have known that for the past 2 years Gaye, (known to many of us as Julia), the wife of our Bulletin Editor Digby Gibbs, has been receiving treatment for the recurrence of a cancer. We are very sorry to have to report that Gaye succumbed to the disease and died at home on Wednesday 15th August, surrounded by family members.

Gaye's funeral will be on Monday 3rd September at 1 pm at the Church of St Mary Magdalene, Langridge, Bath, BA1 8AJ. Family flowers only, but if desired donations may be made to a cause close to Gaye; the family are raising money for the daughter of a hard working single mother in Kenya that Gaye bonded with at the safari camp in Kenya that they visited on three occasions. The last time was between Chemo sessions at the end of April this year. Details will be available shortly - please contact me if you would like details.

Digby would be very happy to see any Triple-M friends and acquaintances at the service; dress code, at Gaye’s request, is no black ties and something bright!

We are sure that all friends will wish to extend sympathies and warmest wishes to Digby and the family for the loss of this remarkable and lovely lady.

As you can imagine, this is a very difficult time for them all and Digby asks for your forbearance if production of the August/September edition of the Bulletin is delayed.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 26/08/2018 22:16:38

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2018 :  12:12:01  Show Profile
So sorry to see this news
Steffi and I send our condolences to Digby and family
Best wishes
Colin and Steffi

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2018 :  00:07:57  Show Profile
Very sad to hear this news. My particular condolences to Digby. I know how he must feel having lost my wife in January. Only consolations have been family (mutual support there), springer spaniel and of course the local MG fraternity. Time does heal however as we are always told.
Bob Clare
(PA, NB Cresta and one-time Registrar)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000