Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MMM Racing at VSCC Snetterton 23rd September
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2018 :  19:01:17  Show Profile
What an excellent turnout of MMMs for the Vintage Sports Car Clubs last race meeting of the year - 6 x P types ; 5x C types ; 2 x J2s ; a KN and an N type , not to forget the Kayne MG. It was a shame the weather did not match the quality of the entry - cold, with light rain turning to stinging heavy rain , but with glorious rainbows and eventually a stunning sunset. All went reasonably well in the various races with no one coming to grief , but there were few MMMs that did not have the odd off-track excursion . Fortunately in the main race of the day , the Team Race , MG Team 1 managed to win the race , beating the second team , MG Team 2 by just one and a half seconds after 25 minutes of racing , with MG Team 3 coming 5th . So if my spin at the hairpin had lasted just a little bit longer positions would have been reversed . Conditions really were atrocious , not only with the wind-blown rain stinging the face of those of us who use open-faced helmets , but the setting sun blinding all on the pit straight. The slippery conditions caught out a number of the big engined cars , and I myself was reduced to coasting around the corners and squirting down the straights ( Thank you , Oliver Richardson , for building me such a powerful engine ! ) Hopefully Colin Murrell managed to take some photographs of the meeting and will post them here .

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2018 :  19:54:31  Show Profile
Just Brilliant! What a wonderful way to finish the VSCC race series. Well done everyone!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2018 :  20:34:40  Show Profile
Fantastic post event report Fred :)
Fantastic Results for the Team race. It was so good to see so many of you competing over the weekend.
You all, and the Marshalls should all be applauded.
Photos posted up on the Register's Facebook page of both the Saturday Sprint, and Sundays Racing.
I think if I post the links here anyone should be able to view even without a Facebook account. I'll havecaxlook at doing that later on Fred

Sprint https://www.facebook.com/triplemregister/posts/2124735451121746?__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARBijk5bKVn-n1dT55oT0_CjVvFXqe8vIcJ7FuKjmyF7Qsm4Ejz-JV0e3Bbulwj7g0T9Et-5ytkdjk3pTKkazezzfBTsCNU1tsCM73wX0X-PVyV6JX3FHQ-Xsbu8uqdjBXz14LSaPHejHTND0OS9sV5stEEn6p_vxi9GMnHP0M9Qdn2Ns3rG6Q&__tn__=-UC-R

Racing https://www.facebook.com/triplemregister/posts/2124741827787775?__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARCx5TbFermyt5HTD9maUd2h8YQVMu_4siRyn6DWdZotNqYKJAWd2-i_yoTp8P7ZSthSyKemENF2fLY1XZaL3pi8ICF7vMiJ3OX37NGM3EhP950oWYWsfsy2iBC-yvzqsUAC4NsV-2kfHocRtUtsKDILC3UQF-Op9EOsjImsga8sa-q2nkqQUA&__tn__=C-R

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Edited by - colintf on 24/09/2018 20:38:33
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2018 :  20:42:41  Show Profile
That Should work Colin. Or if anyone is struggling, the Facebook pages are on the front page of the Triple-mracing.com website. You don’t need to be a Facebook user to view.
M

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2018 :  21:01:45  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dolts

That Should work Colin. Or if anyone is struggling, the Facebook pages are on the front page of the Triple-mracing.com website. You don’t need to be a Facebook user to view.
M

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

I should of thought about that first Mark, sorry.

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
770 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2018 :  12:50:37  Show Profile
As Fred B has said the weather and time of day did make the relay (team) race very interesting! Like Fred I had an "off"... every lap at one particular right hander... full lock and straight on...Steffi says she took a picture but fortunately a green car can hide in the grass....... I did think that the most dangerous part was wondering where the end of the pit wall was.... so took a wide line out to the left..... have had enough bent cars this year.
The race program notes at last gave last years Inter-Marque team result in full.
Good to see so many MMMers out on track.
Castle Combe next to end the season....
Thanks to Andrew Harrington who stood in at the last moment as out team manager......."he done well".....
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2018 :  16:30:54  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Foz

As Fred B has said the weather and time of day did make the relay (team) race very interesting! Like Fred I had an "off"... every lap at one particular right hander... full lock and straight on...Steffi says she took a picture but fortunately a green car can hide in the grass....... I did think that the most dangerous part was wondering where the end of the pit wall was.... so took a wide line out to the left..... have had enough bent cars this year.
The race program notes at last gave last years Inter-Marque team result in full.
Good to see so many MMMers out on track.
Castle Combe next to end the season....
Thanks to Andrew Harrington who stood in at the last moment as out team manager......."he done well".....
FOZ

I smiled to myself reading the Inter-Marque winners recognition for 2017.
Looking forward to seeing you at Combe in a couple of weeks Foz!

Colin Murrell
D0285
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
770 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2018 :  17:12:14  Show Profile
Hi Colin,
it still felt as if the writer didn't really want to say it.... The FNs being "demoted" to 2nd..... according to the rules they WERE 2ND THE MOMENT THE CHEQUERED FLAG CAME OUT!
Rules rule!
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2018 :  21:01:28  Show Profile
The photo says it all, well Done Anne for capturing!
Team M.G. on the podium again!!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2018 :  17:19:41  Show Profile
Hi all

Very well done to our racers, they set a fine example of how to enjoy a Triple-M car.

Mark - I have tried to access the photos via triple-mracing.com and the same answer comes up as that for Collin's link i.e. to see the photos either log in or create a new Facebook account?

George
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2018 :  18:52:47  Show Profile
Damn the evil Facebook! Can you see the pictures on the front page of triple-mracing.com? Just can’t link through?

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000