Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 New arrangement?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2018 :  19:04:28  Show Profile
Am l the only one who now has to enter my name and password each time l use the forum or has something changed ?

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3679 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2018 :  19:29:17  Show Profile
Hello Ray,

I occasionally find that the system requires me to log in afresh. I'm not sure why it should be so, but once re-logged in I can then get access to the Forum on future sessions.

Which thread were you wanting to access - or was it just the Forum in general?

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2018 :  20:14:34  Show Profile
It's strange, I had to log in today on the iphone, but the iPad and at work not. That's the first time for ages I've had to log back in though.

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2018 :  22:26:40  Show Profile
Dick. It was just the forum in general. Usually l have to log in about every other week or so but today l have had to log in about six times i.e. each time l look at the forum.
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2018 :  22:57:14  Show Profile
I find that my credentials are cached, so if I change computers or restart my browser, I frequently have to re-log in. If I don't, everything comes up without requiring a new log in.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2018 :  08:23:29  Show Profile
Yes it is a bit inconsistent,

On my Iphone, IPad, i have to log in every time (Unlike every other site)

Laptop, always already logged in.

M

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Andrew Allen

United Kingdom
68 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2018 :  18:15:32  Show Profile
Six times a day Ray - too much time on your hands!

Andrew
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  10:09:30  Show Profile
Well Andrew, it was a case of keep looking to see if anything had changed ....... which it hasn’t! .
My screen seems to have developed three changes , none of which l have instigated so l will be dropping a line to Nick F and hopefully he will sort it .
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3385 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  16:10:01  Show Profile
Ray, I have sent you a PM.
As far as having to log in when you haven't logged out or closed the browser window, much depends upon your cookie settings. Being able to access the forum without repeatedly logging in requires cookies to be enabled (these record the fact that you have logged in successfully within a previous period of time set by the cookie). You can choose a setting that deletes all cookies whenever you close the browser if you do not want to collect lots of cookies on your computer.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  18:45:32  Show Profile
Hi Nick Thanks for your attention. I am baffled by why it has changed . As far as l am aware l have altered nothing nor clicked on anything. I have noted three changes relating to the Forum viz. this need to log in each time , the receipt of an email relating to each new posting and the appearance of a lock on the Suppliers section.
Is there anywhere on this website that lists the function of each icon ? . I know some are mentioned in the FAQ write up but not all e.g. an A in a box appears.
I am not computer literate so am floundering in the dark. Sorry to be a pain. Ray
I am on Windows 10 and , l think , Internet Explorer

Edited by - Ray Masters on 01/12/2018 18:50:11
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000