Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 ORIGINAL rotax K264/2 with hinged stonegaurds
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2019 :  12:43:59  Show Profile
Just thought I’d share these lamps with you all as I’ve never come accross any but they are definitely original and have come off a MG.
My dad has a pair of original K624 lamps on his J2 where the stonegaurds are screwed onto 3 lugs on the rims. I have come accross a few pairs like this before but I have never seen any like this with hinged stonegaurds. I bought lots of lamps from a estate in Cumbria the owner had labelled up all the lamps to which cars they came from there were rolls Bentley lamps etc. you can see here he’s labelled these 1932 magnette? I think he’s got this wrong I cant ask him as he’s dead. They are a original green MG colour. The stone guards are tapered so the slot inside the profile of the rotax rim and clip over at the bottom. The rotax badge is painted not chromed.

Edited by - greg on 14/02/2019 12:48:53

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3243 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2019 :  13:40:01  Show Profile
There is a very original L2 - chassis L2032 - which was in very long term one family ownership in Canada.

There are pictures of this car on this web site under member’s cars; one clearly shows the headlights have hinged stone guards. Perhaps these were a period accessory?

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2019 :  13:52:41  Show Profile
Hi George thanks for pointing that car out. It’s a excellent find the lamps are Lucas L165 I’ve got a pair of those too but 1 is missing a stone guard. It was good to see you at stoneleigh and thankyou for the door card
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000