Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 PA parts wanted.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NickPoll

France
43 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  07:20:35  Show Profile
Are parts for the inside door handles available ? As the small lever you push down to open the door fell off yesterday and I can't find it anywhere. I also need a rev counter cable, as it also broke yesterday while out on a run.

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  09:41:35  Show Profile
Nick. Sorry to hear of your problem with the door lock. Those door locks are not standard P type ones. According to one of our longstanding Triple M experts , Phil Bayne-Powell , they are from an Allingham body. Philip has an Allinghambodied car and spotted them instantly some years ago.
Chances of you getting parts is pretty remote , l think . So if you can’t get the part made then it may be worth considering replacing them with standard locks . I can put you in touch with Philip if necessary.
The rev counter cable , and there are different ones for different models is Part No. 1487 from Sports & Vintage at Shrewsbury.
When fitting , suggest you pull rev counter from the dash , fit the new cable to it ( keyhole slot with tiny screw which best not removed ) replace instrument then feed cable though bulkhead and located tongue in slot on back of camshaft , a bit fiddly .Tighten at that end then secure outer cover at rev counter end.
Good luck !. Cheers, Ray.
Go to Top of Page

Widung

Sweden
189 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  17:14:36  Show Profile
Nick, every autumn I take off the speedo and rev counter cables and put them in a bath of engine oil. That oil seeps into the cable and lubricates the cable for next season. After leaving the cables in oil then hang them for a week so that excess oil runs out. Just to be sure to avoid oil on your pants or worse on your passengers skirt, put a suitable piping over the cable that hangs out of sight under the scuttle. The cables are not "modern" with low friction material inside.
The new cable should be treated like that before you assemble between the rev counter and the cam. I discovered this the hard way, putting in new cables and towards the end of the season had more and more noises from the speedo cable... I even suggested that S&V should deliver the cables with the advice to treat the cables before use.

Quiet cruising!
Jan Widung PB 0653
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000