Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Kimber Classic Trial Photos
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Centric

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2019 :  18:36:10  Show Profile

Hopefully I have managed to attach 3 photos taken on Pitcombe Hill from the 2019 Kimber Classic. This was a splendid day out for the 28 cars and 38 marshals. Surely someone else took some photos?
Alan

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2019 :  18:59:15  Show Profile
Official photos on the Register's Facebook page :)

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Centric

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2019 :  09:23:40  Show Profile
Well, yes, I'm sure they are but this old boy (and probably not a few others} has no idea how to access that.
Could I have some guidance, please?
Thank you,
Alan
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6128 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2019 :  09:43:53  Show Profile
And then there are those who wouldn’t touch Facebook with a barge pole!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2019 :  09:45:09  Show Profile
You might be able to see them, direct from the racing page. It links to FB.

Try it....https://www.triple-mracing.com/

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2019 :  10:08:10  Show Profile
I am one of the "Won't touch Facebook with a barge pole" group. I have tried looking at the MMM Racing site, but can find no sign of Kimber photos on the Gallery page.

Any chance Colin (TF) of posting your photos on the MMM website where all of us can admire them ?

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2019 :  11:04:21  Show Profile

I’m with Simon and Colin there !

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Terry Hartley

United Kingdom
279 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2019 :  12:49:21  Show Profile
We have a facility on this website where photos of events can be placed, but it hasn't been used for years! Why not I wonder?
As for Facebook and the like, a timebomb waiting to happen I fear.
Terry (probably near to extinction!)
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2019 :  13:25:41  Show Profile
Try here https://www.facebook.com/triplemregister/posts/2248891015372855 link copied from the triple-m racing page

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2019 :  18:38:43  Show Profile
Another vehemently opposed to FB!

Dave
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2019 :  18:58:26  Show Profile
I am afraid I am another WTF - won’t touch Facebook - old codger!

Still enjoy Triple-M motoring, been out for a run in the L2 in this lovely weather.
George
L2023

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6128 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2019 :  19:12:31  Show Profile
My distaste for FB is nothing to do with being an old codger. One US commentator calls it a criminal enterprise because of the way it uses, and abuses, the information about people that it acquires, often by duplicitous means. Use it at your own risk.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Terry Hartley

United Kingdom
279 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2019 :  22:11:41  Show Profile
My sentiments exactly Simon. I briefly worked on the periphery of digital marketing during it's early UK days in the 90s. At the time it was fascinating but it soon became obvious that 'digital assets' were fast commanding big values. To say that a feeding frenzy started amongst the big (American) movers is an understatement. This is when the penny dropped for me, they were buying into it for future investment and the collateral is our personal information that we willingly donate.
Rant over, Terry.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6128 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2019 :  06:36:35  Show Profile
You know what they say: if it’s free, you’re not the customer - you’re the product.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2019 :  08:34:18  Show Profile
Answering Terry Hartley’s post yesterday at 12:49, I would say he is absolutely right. The photographs facility which is catalogued based on specific dates and events, has fallen somewhat into disuse lately. That in part may be because other more instantly gratifying sources of photographs and videos are now available, however distasteful people find FB.

The other factor is that posting photographs to our website pictures area can only be done by a limited number of people who have direct access to do so. That limited number of people (all being volunteers) also have limited time! And someone will have to send them the photographs in order that they can post them there. Rather long winded procedure I’m sure you’ll agree!

It is certainly appreciated when people post photographs within any particular discussion topic thread here on the forum, and these pictures can be harvested with the owners permission of course by our bulletin editor and others to utilise for more permanent publications. The possible shortcomings of the forum is that it is a rather ephemeral source, but then the same could be said for FB!

I don’t know whether our ever-resourceful Webmaster ( Who of course is also a volunteer) can come up with a means of enabling photographers to post the material directly into the pictures area of our website? And if that were possible, would many people even refer to it?

I ask this as a completely open question because there must be many ways to deal with this request.

Your views, ladies and gentlemen?

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2019 :  10:29:50  Show Profile
Colin TF. Your link only seems to be available to Face Book patsies. It doesn't seem to work unless I sign in - which I will not do. You can see from the replies to this thread that there several of us not willing to join in and I am certain that there are hundreds more at the bottom of the ice-berg. A picture posting to this website would be very welcome indeed.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000