Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Telemetry on a Pre-War MG!
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

geflackt

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2019 :  12:10:27  Show Profile
Back in August, I had my '35 P-Type (GUR963) to the VSCCA White Mountain Vintage Grand Prix. This was at the new Club Motorsports track - a fun track for high-horsepower cars. The MG struggled a little bit on the hills, but the turns were fun. I had some clutch issues which I believe I've sorted out(small pin springs were too weak, but clutch was dry!) in time for an event coming up.

At the event, I tried out a telemetry system using my phone and a separate GPS receiver for accuracy. I was able to see lap times during the race including predictive timing. At the end of a session, I could view all my lap times as well as my view actual racing line on the track using satellite images. It helped analyze areas and discuss with other drivers to make improvements throughout the weekend. The data can then be uploaded to a site for online viewing and comparison to other driver's stats.

Here is a video of one of the sessions which at least had some back and forth with an MGA. Towards the end I lapped my friend, Mike, in his P-Type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV4aXyih620

'35 MG P Lester Special - GUR963.

coracle

United Kingdom
1936 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2019 :  13:00:45  Show Profile
An interesting record.

The nice smooth track is a great help in your achieving over 1g cornering force.

I see what you mean about the hills.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000