Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PHOENIX CRANKSHAFTS
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

douglas7071

Indonesia
6 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2019 :  14:06:50  Show Profile
My order for a new crankshaft and conn rods for my MGPB was made on 8 January 2019 with a GBP.1020 deposit. The company went into receivership sometime this year.
A new company has been formed, PHOENIX CRANKSHAFTS LIMITED.
The previous company was named PHOENIX DESIGN & ENGINEERING.
In August I finally received replies to my numerous emails. I was advised that my order would be processed by end of this year.
After asking for update this week, the new company representative, Gerry Aston, informs me that my initial deposit is now forfeited, and has invited me to re-order. Prices have increased.

Response from PHOENIX CRANKSHAFTS:

"You may rest assured that we take our responsibilities most seriously as we undertake a goodwill process of assessing how best we may assist those customers who now find themselves without goods after paying deposits. This process can be both time consuming and complex and involves the establishing of many details before a decision can be made as to the extent of the support (if any) we are able to provide.

We must look at the total value of each order and the total deposit paid, so that we can first determine whether we have sufficient margins available should we decide to go-ahead and produce the order. Other factors which may assist in establishing our costings and could play an important role in these calculations is whether the goods had been started prior to the previous company closing down, or whether the raw material had been previously ordered. It must also be appreciated that we are not under any legal responsibility to do this, but have chosen to do so as a gesture of goodwill. To summarise, if you have paid a deposit to Phoenix Design & Engineering, and have still not received your goods and if Phoenix Crankshafts Ltd. are not able to help, then you may wish to contact the Receivers to explore the possibility to reclaim your deposit."

douglas

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2019 :  14:20:17  Show Profile
You may find this statement of interest:

LINK DELETED AS IT IS INVALID
Nick

Then check the stock at FYE 2017 (£170K) and at liquidation 2019 (£2K). What happened?

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772

Edited by - Ian Bowers on 15/10/2019 14:30:06
Go to Top of Page

douglas7071

Indonesia
6 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2019 :  16:03:04  Show Profile
Ian Bowers, sorry, cannot open the link, do you have more details please?

douglas
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2019 :  16:09:19  Show Profile
Apologies it works for me and goes to teh Liquidator's summary of affairs.

Check that you are using the full URL.

Otherwise use https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/ and look for Phoenix Design and Engineering (note spelling of Phoenix)

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

KevinA

New Zealand
671 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2019 :  19:52:09  Show Profile
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01986988

Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2019 :  04:37:14  Show Profile
I ordered a second phoenix crankshaft through Peter Green's contact company, I passed over my crankshaft order to someone who needed a crankshaft in a hurry, I have not paid any deposit, if this the same company that produced my first crankshaft ?

Chris

J2353
J4129
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000