Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 1950s owners of J0577
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2019 :  21:28:21  Show Profile
Evening All,

Does anyone of the old bunch on here recognise any of these names? I’m hoping someone may have been mates with them or remember any of them from their neighbourhood or social club or whatever as a local driving around in a J1. A long shot, I know, but here’s trying anyway!

First there’s Peter Whatmough who owned the car in about 1955/56 and lived in London (S.E.6), then there’s Kenneth Burley who owned it between 1956 and 1959 and also lived in S.E.6 and finally we have Ronald Wheeler who owned it for a spell during 1959/60 and lived in Brighton at the time.

Many thanks!
Cat

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2019 :  10:01:37  Show Profile
Cat. I was born in Brighton and was getting around generally in 1959/60 but I am afraid that I never came across Ronald Wheeler in a J1 or any other M.G. Still Brighton was (and still is) a big town. The other names mean even less to me. Sorry.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2019 :  10:12:01  Show Profile

Hello, Colin.

I wonder if you know anything of the Potter-Moores of Brighton ? One of the family, an M. Potter-Moore owned a K3 and my N type AYT 197 in the 50s but I can’t find anything other than he competed in my car several times at the Brighton Speed Trials. I believe the family had a garage in the area.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2019 :  11:56:24  Show Profile
Hello Chris. I have started another thread under the title "Lionel Leonard/M Potter-Moore.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000