Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Competition licence renewal - UK racers
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2019 :  14:24:06  Show Profile
Well, licence renewal form has now arrived from the MSA or whatever they have rebranded themselves. Last years licence cost me £98 . For renewal ( same grade of licence ) to allow me to compete in our MMM races it is now £155 . Obviously the executives at MSA have never heard of the parable of the straw that broke the camels back - I am out of it ! Racing J2 for sale , chaps !

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2019 :  17:17:29  Show Profile
Hi Fred
No please don't give up. We all love to see you and your car in action. I will kick off with a contribution of £10 if 5 other people on here will do the same thing we can all continue to have the pleasure of seeing you and your mighty little J out again next year.
Come on chaps...
Terry

TH
Go to Top of Page

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2019 :  17:18:26  Show Profile
Fred.
Is that for a Nat A or B licence? (my mail is still somewhere with BFPO)

At Donington, I asked myself why I was paying £200+ to get lapped and then be listed as a 'non-qualifying finisher".
If I have to pay £155 for a licence plus £80 for a medical plus increased membership fees + £200 entry fee plus petrol/food/B&B etc, I may have to call it a day as well.
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2019 :  17:30:37  Show Profile
Oh dear , oh dear ! I know I am an old whining pensioner , but I never thought the MMM fraternity would have a whip-round to help me out . Many , many thanks for the offer Terry - I haven't had 'sponsorship' for many a year , and I would feel awful in accepting your offer. Maybe I could seek assistance from Age Concern or Help The Aged ! Andrew , to answer your question , next year there is no such thing as National A and National B , just 'National' and it is £155 . But for that you do get additional perks - such as discounts from Halfords and discounts for 'experience'days at Castle Combe and Knockhill circuits !
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1045 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2019 :  18:08:44  Show Profile
Racing in the UK is still cheap then ;)

Here in Holland I pay £150,- (equivalent in euro’s off course) for the cheapest possible licence that allows me to race with the MGCC or VSCC.
That was the 2019 price mind you.
And if brexit does happen chances are that instead of being allowed to race on a EU license I need a full international costing £225,- (Excluding additional exam fee’s)
And after that the travel expenses start since there is no suitable racing nearby.

But Fred since I enjoyed racing you so very much I’d love to pay for your full license for 2020 and support the elderly.
Just one condition, a small livery change and I’ll even supply the paint for that ;)

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2019 :  18:37:35  Show Profile
Onno, thanks for your reply and your kind offer . However I feel that Dutch Racing Orange would not be compatable with my red racing overalls - or my blue eyes ! I do , however, look forward to seeing you at the UK circuits where no doubt I will be No 1 on the barbeque !
Go to Top of Page

Mikeenty

United Kingdom
198 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2019 :  08:27:15  Show Profile
Hi Ono, do you not have available an international historic licence for a lesser fee?
Mike.
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1045 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2019 :  11:45:47  Show Profile
Hi Mike,

Sadly not.
No focus on historic or any amateur racing abroad.
Still happy that there is a posibility to race and will try to enjoy it as long and as much as I can.

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2019 :  12:04:55  Show Profile
And don't forget that your 'riding mechanic' will need a licence next year as well

The next thing will be that all spectators will need a licence as well, oh my Gawd I've put that idea in their heads so sorry.

John Cooper M 628

Edited by - Cooperman on 19/11/2019 12:06:37
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2019 :  15:44:20  Show Profile
I hope this increase which I also am disappointed at, does not deter others.

It’s an expensive game. The price of many things have gone up!

There is a really exciting race plan being put together for us, with generous sponsorship income to keep the cost of race weekends down and we hope we have super grids for 2020.

Fred we want you on the grid. I hope the silly MSA price increase isn’t the reason you hang your boots up.

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2019 :  15:59:17  Show Profile
I just had a long call with Motorsport UK. Agree or disagree there is a plan and reasoning behind the changes.

https://www.motorsportuk.org/motorsport-uk-announces-new-investment-strategy-for-2020/

Couple of presentation in here that help.

I guess if you take up all the offers, we probably would get our money back.

Hope this helps.

M

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1045 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2019 :  18:47:05  Show Profile
And on a more serious note from me as a continental.
There is no country in the world that is as supportive and accommodating for all racing and certainly pre war as the UK.
Racing might not be cheap but at least in the UK it is possible.

That is something to support and cherish and the best way to is either go racing or come and spectate.

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2019 :  18:50:06  Show Profile
No, Mark , the 'offers' do not help me. A discount off 'experience days' at Knockhill and Castle Combe circuits, and discounts at Avis Car Rental , various car insurance companies , offers of 'advanced driving' courses , and a free vision test at Specsavers do not make up for the tremendous hike in the licence fee. Some may say that it is just a small part of the overall cost of the racing for the year , but in my initial post I mentioned the straw that broke the camels back , and I stick with that. Some friends of mine that are totally unconnected with motor racing express surprise that we even have to pay entry fees so that we can entertain the public , and boy, have they gone up in recent years. So for me at least it is economically unviable. But to reply to Andrew Harrington - don't give up , please . Once you have retired from messing about in boats , do more events each year to justify the cost of the licence . Stick with it , please . You are young !
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2019 :  19:17:21  Show Profile
I agree Fred, my comment was a little tongue in cheek. I do understand your position. But I genuinely hope you might still join us.

Only benefits I can see are the waiver of new starters medical and under 60s only needing eye tests. Possibly 10% off GPR racewear. Clearly not much help to the more established.

Looks like their target is grass roots & new starters. Another organisation that had to do something to survive, this is their path.

Not sure about this year, but MGCC hasn’t really changed it’s entry fee for us in 3yrs. Fingers crossed.

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Mikeenty

United Kingdom
198 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2019 :  22:36:20  Show Profile
The Motorsport website is not easy to follow.
I am happy to be corrected, but I think all you need to compete in MGCC or other club races is a Race inter club. I have tried to log in to find out the renewal cost, but the page has been taken down.
Not much help I’m afraid.
Mike.
Go to Top of Page

Mikeenty

United Kingdom
198 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2019 :  10:28:25  Show Profile
At last I have some information for you.
The licence for club racing is indeed the inter club licence. For the under 60s no need for a medical, free eye test at spec savers.
See you st the circuits?
Mike.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000