Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG and Triumph Spares Day - Stoneleigh 2020
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2019 :  14:42:26  Show Profile
The 2020 Stoneleigh spares day at be taking place on Sunday, 9 February 2020. We expect to have our usual pitch on Stand 13 in hall 3 and planning for the event is currently underway.

We hope to make the Show even more welcoming and enjoyable for our visitors, and to that end we are looking for offers of assistance. This would be for the preparations, meeting and greeting during the day and dismantling the show at the end of the day.

And we'd also like to have offers of two cars for display at the event.

Over to you - and thanks in advance!

Show details are here:
http://mgandtriumphsparesday.co.uk/

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2019 :  17:22:36  Show Profile
Hi Dick, you have our offer of help on the Saturday set up and also during the show on Sunday, like the past couple of years assisting the display cars upon arrival on the Saturday
Cheers
Colin

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

FrankAshleymgm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2019 :  17:45:10  Show Profile
Dick, My M-type is available if you would like it.
Frank
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2019 :  18:37:27  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by FrankAshleymgm

Dick, My M-type is available if you would like it.
Frank

Excellent! A competition car on display

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2019 :  20:28:34  Show Profile
Hi Dick

As usual I expect I will be available to assist with set up and to take a turn on stand duty.

George
Registrar FLN types

Edited by - George Eagle on 27/11/2019 20:29:06
Go to Top of Page

Tim Sharp

United Kingdom
303 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2019 :  21:59:59  Show Profile
Dick

If suitable my PB can be available.

Regards

Tim

Tim Sharp
PB0685 - Nuneaton
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2019 :  22:50:16  Show Profile
Two competition cars :) :)

Colin Murrell
D0285
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2020 :  12:01:30  Show Profile
Stoneleigh 2020 Update.

Rather scarily the Stoneleigh show is now only 5 weeks away, which will keep the Triple-M stall organising team busy with preparations etc.

Here are some things you might like to think about:

1. What do you personally expect from the show?
2. What can the MMM team do to help you get the best out of the day?
3. Are there any particular Triple-M folk that you'd especially like to meet there?
4. Do you need any particular advice or help about your car?
5. Is there any way in which you could contribute to the team effort - perhaps sparing an hour to help on the stand?

Answers to all these questions will help us to plan things and hopefully make the best of the day.

Happy New Year!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2020 :  14:27:32  Show Profile
What about name badges for each person, either the standard Register ones we have or just 'stick on labels'!
We know a lot of names on the forum, but not the faces!!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2020 :  14:25:11  Show Profile
Thanks Mike.

All in hand - actual names and Forum names!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  12:52:19  Show Profile
Dick,

I know we’ve chatted about this before however I’ll throw my thoughts it into the ring hoping it may encourage input from others.
We’ve had a few well subscribed forum threads ‘ Wondering where the next generation of Triple M owners is to come from’.
We have just a few events each year where we put up a stand and advertise ourselves and the Register..
Can’t help feeling our stand functions more as a point for reunion - long chats with familiar faces, rather than finding a balance which would include reaching out to the strangers who pass by and linger a little longer.
There will be a huge presence of ‘modern MG owners’ at Stoneleigh, many of whom may aspire to owning a Triple M and would love to talk. Of course in the melee it’s difficult to spot who’s who.
I think Mike Dalby’s suggestion for badges was just for the stand volunteers? Could we take it one stage further and have a bucket of badges for all saying “Triple-M owner. Happy to chat” or similar.
Many of our members float around the stand for some time as well as wandering around the halls. It may encourage a stranger to break the ice along with portraying us as an open and friendly bunch of enthusiasts.

Tim

Edited by - Tim Luffingham on 05/01/2020 13:04:37
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2020 :  12:20:11  Show Profile
As an ' outsider ' so to speak, I can comment that their does not seem to be many general rallies or gatherings for a family day, with the exception for me of Peter Green's great day at the family residence.

I started restoring when I was quite young ( 16 ) , following in my father's footsteps, he owned an SS100 and my brother and I would assist and observe. When I married and had my two children, we actively encouraged both to assist me, my son is an academic, he loves to tinker even now, he owns a WW2 Willys Jeep which he uses often, even just for shopping. In the 50 odd years I have been an active member of my favoured Rover Clubs, as an organisation we have always encouraged families to attend our gatherings, organising games for the kids and including them in the fun. Some of our gathering have attracted 800 or so cars, from 1880 bicycles to the later MGRover models, all are welcomed. Apart from the said Peter Greens Gathering, I am not aware of many gatherings taking place. I personally organise a Rover meet up of Rover enthusiasts at my house to have a day of enthusiast chatting and getting to know new owners, they are welcome to bring their children/partners etc. but most prefer to leave that to the big events.

From my own experiences, I have met some very pleasant, helpfull and honest MMM MG folks, some I can call friends and I appreciate that as someone who really came into owning two J2s by default, I just wanted to make sure that the cars did not fall into the wrong hands and the parts dispersed...that is if the parts could have been got out of Cyprus...a very difficult process and I have the right contacts.

Some of the problems stem from the value of these MGs, the lack of parts due to part hoarding and also I feel that those ' who know these cars ' are reluctant to pass on information, and/or like to make one feel a little inadequate because of the lack of knowledge. If one joins other car clubs and see how they operate, one can see shortcomings. I have been a member of Rolls Royce, Bentley, as well as an executive official and moderator of Rover clubs and can see a disconnect between MMM owners, some of this gets posted on here which I do not like, In my fifty years of being an RSR member, I have never once seen an article berating other owners like I have seen on here, one owner on here even commented on myself and quote ' he has a mental problem ' !!!

It makes no odds to me if this does not sit well, but thats how I see it, those whom I have became friends with know who they are, and mostly keep their own council. I favour them !

This photo attached from 1970, Rover gathering with my wife, mother and two children on board, the day included lots for the children to do, my mother just enjoyed watching. Then MMMs really being two seaters, really makes this quite a challenge. Here will be seen other makes, they are all welcome.We still own and enjoy both these Rovers, a P1 and a P4 This is just my personal view and without prejudice.

Chris

J2353
J4129

Edited by - MG Maverick on 09/01/2020 12:44:02
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2020 :  11:43:31  Show Profile
I thought everyone would like to know that after a small amount of argy bargy with the event promoters we have had it confirmed that we will be on our usual stand - number 13 in Hall 3.

We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2020 :  12:56:44  Show Profile
well done in securing our usual spot in Hall 3 Dick.
It was quite a battle I believe!!

Colin Murrell
D0285
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2020 :  12:26:22  Show Profile
Pleased to note we have our usual slot. I also had to fight to keep it when I was involved in organising the Register's presence at the show.

George
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2020 :  13:27:18  Show Profile
Can l ask why there is difficulty in securing a stand for the Register and what needs to be done to stop the argy bargy each year ? Ray
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000