Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 TRIPLE M NEEDS A KICK UP THE BACKSIDE
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Charlie Cartwright

United Kingdom
64 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2020 :  20:41:54  Show Profile
Oops the thought police have moved my post so that non members can't see it. Proves my point really!!!

Charlie Cartwright

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6128 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2020 :  21:38:12  Show Profile
Make up your mind, Charlie. Only a few days ago you were complaining because you thought a non member of the Register was going to be on the Committee, and now you’re complaining because non members are not entitled to comment on the operation of the Register and the Committee. You can’t have it both ways.
EDIT: And just to be clear, member refers to member of the Register which requires membership of the MG Car Club
Simon J
J3437

Edited by - Simon Johnston on 21/01/2020 21:40:33
Go to Top of Page

Blithe Spirit

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2020 :  09:19:01  Show Profile
Referring to your original post, Charlie, I for one love to see triple ms "driving around in circles", and the upsurge in interest in our cars within the VSCC and its race meeting public spectators has widened the appreciation of them outside of the MG world, which can only be good for the long term survival and use of our cars. Don't forget exposure at popular speed events such as Prescott, of course. But also, I agree that non-competitive events like tours are also gaining in popularity,as demonstrated by the success of the annual 3 day events. Perhaps the register could support a few one day events, but this would need commitment from local members to not only participate but also to organise. How about annual tours in each MGCC region, perhaps extending invitations to all pre 1955 MGs to make them viable. If supportive, our committee could sound out Vintage, SVW and T type interest at council level.
Regards,
David
J3768
Go to Top of Page

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2020 :  18:28:42  Show Profile
I like you Charlie wasn't surprised to see your comments and mine disappear from view! Even if we are NOT a member of the MGCC surely the comments and feedback ultimately can improve and guide the support of our cars further along this century. Why is there a members area anyway? Come on, let's be honest, open up and see what people, no ask, what people want from this register, magazine and events?

Chris Blood
D-type Salonette D0407,
TC1472 TC2686 TC4245
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1045 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2020 :  18:38:19  Show Profile
So a non member of a club should have a say in how a club is run?
That club you are not paying for already has given you free acces to the forum and a whole load of other usefull info!

As a tight ass dutch guy I like free stuff just as much as the next guy but this seems a bit silly

Onno "J,D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

MDC

United Kingdom
119 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2020 :  19:31:50  Show Profile
Onno, I am sure I am not the only member who agrees with you.

Frankly I am astounded at the attitude displayed here, and completely confused why anyone who is not a member feeling so entitled to assert an opinion about the club. They have already voted with their feet it seems, so sorry but goodbye etc.

This thread was rightly moved to the members area where it might be progressed privately, but to see it raised again with a quite insulting title shows clearly the intent by Mr Cartwright has been to publicly criticise the club, rather than a real attempt to promote positive change. I don't like seeing this sort of negative thread and encourage Nick to remove it again, it is clearly in breach of the forum guidelines.
I further agree with you about 'free stuff' ...one simple way to increase membership revenues would be to only allow members to access this valuable facility, with resources, publications, advice and parts sales... run ably by MGCC volunteers and funded by the very club being criticised. How about that for an idea, Chris, with 1238 'membership free' posts.

This criticism is not appreciated on our forum, it is foreign and wounding to the friendly nature and ethics of this club and likely put people off joining, perhaps that's your aim.

As a long term MGCC member, and admittedly one of those 'fortunate few' who choose to race (good heavens, has Chris ever seen a Triple-M race!) I can assure anyone with similar ambitions that we are completely inclusive and diverse group, very very friendly and generous supporting each other, highly social and frankly obsessed with our cars and promoting the Triple-M cause. It is not the first time I have heard racing criticised as being exclusive, but I can say that in reality it is not in my opinion prohibitively costly. Possibly cheaper than running three TC's and a D type.

Hopefully this post won't be here long.

Thank you again to all those Committee Members, Marshalls, Organisers and MGCC officials and employees without whom we would find it impossible to continue enjoying our cars.

Mike DC
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2020 :  20:26:52  Show Profile
Many different views....I quite like that.

We have never turned a car away from a grid...whatever it’s history....we have never turned anyone away from a BBQ.

Roll on 2020...see you all there

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

NeilF

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2020 :  20:51:25  Show Profile
The Devon & Cornwall Centre of the MGCC of which I am a member has 2 MMM owners on the committee and organises one day tours from time to time open to all members and other events. The 2018 Tamar Old Bridges Run for example attracted 59 entries representing all ages of MGs except vintage The oldest car was a 2014 Model T Ford with no front brakes and the newest an MG6 (I think). My local natter has changed format to short morning tours ending at a nice hostelry for lunch the route is planned by an 18/80 owner and these are more popular than regular meetings in the same venue. We all enjoy each others company irrespective of the vehicle we drive. So why not get in contact with your local MGCC Centre / Pub Meet / Natter and join in with the events they organise it will not dilute the MMM DNA.
Regards
Neil
Go to Top of Page

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2020 :  20:58:10  Show Profile
before this disappears may I just say I've been a member of the MGCC since 2004 and only relinquishing my membership a couple of years ago. My criticism isn't with the MGCC nor the register if you read careful, my statement is to say that constantly seeing photos of MG's driving around a circuit is for the few and far-between and that racing isn't an aspect I like nor I suspect others too. I agree if I don't contribute anything then I cant expect ... however I feel I have for many years and continue to do so ... even if my opinions may be contentious. Over the years I met, talked, disagreed, argued, given and purchased many times via this register forum ... but if it is time for me to leave then so be it!

Chris Blood
D-type Salonette D0407,
TC1472 TC2686 TC4245
Go to Top of Page

TCTom

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2020 :  21:13:10  Show Profile
I'm a longtime member of the MGCC, and live in the USA. My location limits the "benefits" of being a club member. I've seen ebb and flow of the success of the club; it's like any other organization. But I'm as active as I can be and continue to support it. I won't always agree with the actions, leadership, or choices, but that's not a bad thing. It's incumbent upon all of us to support the organizations that promote the preservation and use of our cars, and I view it as an investment rather than a purchase of a product.

If you're uncomfortable with how things are, take a leadership role and work on change. It's not enough to just voice opinions - that's the easy thing to do.

And that's all I have to say about that. . . .

Tom Wilson
Zionsville, IN USA
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2020 :  21:14:19  Show Profile
We make an effort to publish our event history. It’s a thank you to those that invest a huge amount of money, time and effort, racers, families, supporters and partners and sponsors. Plus it’s continuing the MG legacy.

We don’t have to of course...but we choose too. Doesn’t have to please everyone!

I don’t like pictures of cars in museums....but I appreciate that many do..

Each to their own. I love the opinions and different views we have ...no one has to leave!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
769 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2020 :  22:45:01  Show Profile
Hello all... and Chris (Bloodysalmon)..... why don't you go to a race meeting with a Triple-M Race.... you will be surprised how much time the cars are not going round in circles but standing still !
The owners/drivers probably going round in circles......much talking, discussing and inspecting stationary cars not to mention the spectators cars that do not go round in circlesl......
As I said somewhere else if it was not for the competition legacy you probably would not have a Triple-M car as the M G Car Company would not have thrived in the 1930s.
How about a class for closed cars in our race..... one wonderful memory I have is of an L type saloon passing "sports cars" through the chicanes at Montlhery.... L-types may have a narrow track but the driver had a very broad grin ..... and 4 seater tourers don't do too badly either L-type and 18/80....
again I say... IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT YOU SEE DO SOMETHING USEFUL TO ADD TO OR CHANGE WHAT THE REGISTER DOES OR IS THE BACKSIDE THAT NEEDS KICKING IS INERT?
grumpy old fart from Butleigh.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000