Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Drive your Triple M car around Goodwood anyone ??
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pots

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2020 :  12:52:21  Show Profile
Ever fancied driving around Goodwood without the expense of buying a K3 and entering The Revival ?

Now is your chance ! MGs on Track have (kindly) given us an invitation to their Goodwood track day on Sat. 22nd Feb.

Over the day you will get five, possibly six, 15 minute sessions where there will be just you and nine other Triple M cars on the track.

No license, racesuit and all that gubbins needed. Just you and your car in standard condition will be fine, you can even bring passenger(s). The only thing you need is a helmet, which is provided on the day if you need one.

The day is aimed at non racers (although racers welcome), is'nt a race and allows you drive at your own pace without any pressure.

So, give you car some Goodwood history and come along... Emma and I will be sharing a C, please give me a call if you have any questions, I will be happy to help....

You even get Brecky and Lunch in the Jackie Stewart pavilion !

Click onhttps://www.mgs-on-track.com/events/event/goodwood_mmm%20session__2020-02-22[/blue]

Duncan...

Pots

colintf

United Kingdom
1501 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2020 :  13:04:34  Show Profile
Many thanks for organising this for us Duncan. It was great fun goingbaroundvin the D Type last year :) not having to think about speed limits and speed cameras was quite refreshing

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Edited by - colintf on 01/02/2020 13:05:28
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2020 :  10:12:10  Show Profile
I will there as ever, as it is my "home" circuit. If anyone wants something with a more competitive edge to it, there are quite a lot of Club sprint meetings held on the circuit throughout the year i.e. Brighton & Hove Motor Club (on two occasions), Tunbridge Wells/Sevenoaks & District, A C Owners and possibly others. These are usually open to entries from any Club who are affiliated to the Association of Central Southern Motor Clubs which includes the MGCC.

It wouldn't be a "walkover". Some of the lads from other Clubs are very quick, as are some of the ladesses..

Colin B.

Edited by - Colin Butchers on 02/02/2020 10:13:46
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1044 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2020 :  11:38:20  Show Profile
If only the ferry weren’t in the way!
Cheapest option for some on track action.
Guess GW will have to wait until triple M racing gets invited to the members meeting ;)

Onno "J,D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2009 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2020 :  11:39:50  Show Profile
Hello, Forum.

For interest, here is my car, Leonard’s N type waving the MMM flag at the first Goodwood meeting held in 1948.( although retired with, I think, ignition problems, Colin will probably know more. ) This was the first of several competitions by Leonard here with the car. (AYT 197)
This race was won by Stirling Moss.

Edited by - Westbury on 02/02/2020 11:42:17
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2020 :  16:29:38  Show Profile
Just one place left now, going to be a great day ! The website suggests that our session is full, but there is one space left...

Pots
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2020 :  21:09:47  Show Profile
Duncan I've emailed you via the website - did you get it?

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

chapelfarmer

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2020 :  23:20:47  Show Profile
Hi there - I'd like to have a go please if the place is still available?
I've looked at the link - Not sure what exactly the MG3 (150hp) is but if you're sure it won't be close enough to spin my MG J2 (36hp) over in its slipstream I'm sure all will be well...!!
Do I enter like this? Or via the link?
Thanks
John

john
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2020 :  07:34:57  Show Profile
Sorry, no I have been away from technology for a while.... the best thing to do is to e:mail Nigel Silman nigels@mgs-on-track.com ( his details are on the MGson Track website)....... he will sort you out with place number ten.
I suspect the MG 3 will be stepped down, out of our group.....

Pots
Go to Top of Page

chapelfarmer

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  11:06:38  Show Profile
Hi Duncan
I’ve connected with Nigel but have also posted a technical question on the forum about my springs which I’d like to be sure are safe for this sort of thing. Nigel is happy to wait until tomorrow when I’ll call him to sort out the misbooked final place (or not depending on any opinions about the springs!). Meanwhile if anyone else wants the place I haven’t booked it yet. Thanks again for co-ordinating. John

john
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2020 :  19:37:04  Show Profile
Amazing day! Just brill track time in wet and dry. Loads of space on track perfect for all levels. Loved it.

Especially giving the PB a hard run with the hood up! Great passenger Mr Butchers!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2020 :  19:37:44  Show Profile
No idea why my photos are wonky!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Edited by - Dolts on 22/02/2020 19:38:43
Go to Top of Page

chapelfarmer

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2020 :  20:51:57  Show Profile
What a terrific day! All credit to the MGCC organisers - and to Duncan for drawing our attention to it! Many thanks to all

john
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2020 :  11:03:37  Show Profile
Yes, it was an excellent day, with a fair amount of sunshine during the afternoon. Nev Churcher was also thoroughly delighted with his ride with Duncan Pots in the C Type. Although the poor visibility in the morning meant that Nev could see very little of what was going on, the physical sensation of riding in the C at considerable speed was an experience to be treasured. Thank you also to Mark Dolton and to Richard Jenkins for putting up with me. Great fun gentlemen, and very much appreciated. Incidentally, in the photograph which Mark has posted, I am not giving the "v" sign. I last put my crash hat on 45 years ago and the only way to stop it slipping down over my eyes was to hold it up with my free hand. The other hand was busy holding on to the grab handle.
I am also glad that John (Chapelfarmer) decided to join us with his very nice unblown J2 despite having a bit too much free play in the rear springs and trunnions. IMHO the present set-up could well see you through quite a few thousand miles, John but I know that you will notice the difference when you get everything at the rear-end working as it was designed to do.

It was such super day, that I would be tempted to enter my PA next time. Although, if Nev finishes J3755 in time, I might be forced to drive the J3 instead of the PA.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2020 :  17:59:09  Show Profile
What a great day, just excellent fun ! I am glad that you and Nev enjoyed it.... See you on the track next year Colin, in the J3, now that would be great !!

Pots
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2020 :  18:01:57  Show Profile
ps. John, great to see you and your lovely J2 on the track. If you send me an email (potterduncan@gmail.com) I can send you some info as we discussed regarding engine/car prep.....all best, Duncan.

Pots
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000