Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Handbrake Support Rod Removal
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dan F

USA
845 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  15:38:13  Show Profile
Forgive me because I am sure I have the wrong part name. I have decided to have my frame bead blasted and I am removing everything thats not necessary from the frame. I have removed the 4 brake cable from their pulleys and the bolts (thru the frame) from either end of the Handbrake rod. There is nothing holding it in place but I still can't remove it from between the frame rails. It continues to hit the rivets that hold the frame support rods to the siderails. Is there a trick to removing it ?? Everthing else is removed except the transmission, pedals and the support rod that hold them in place. Perhaps if I remove the transmission support rod the frame will separate enough to remove it. Also, some of the pulleys for the brake cables have cracks where the knob of the cable is held in place. Are the pulleys available ??
As always, thanks,
Dan

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  17:48:04  Show Profile
Dan

If you'd care to send me your e-mail address, I have an exploded diagram of the brake cross shaft and its fittings which I could e-mail to you.

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  20:38:43  Show Profile
Hi Dan

The part you refering to is the brake cross shaft - I have always found this can be removed without having to spread the chassis! Perhaps the rivets on your chassis have been replaced with larger ones?

Regards George
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  22:33:13  Show Profile
Dick,

Do you think this is a diagram which could be added to the Document Downloads section of the website? Nick could upload it.

John R
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  08:47:17  Show Profile
John

I have e-mailed you off-line about this.

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743
Go to Top of Page

Dan F

USA
845 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  21:59:39  Show Profile
Gentlemen:
Thanks for the help. George was correct - I took a Dremel to the rivet and ground off about 1/16" on each side and it was enough to remove the cross support.
Thanks for the help,
Dan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000