Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 M Type Engine Mounts
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  16:10:46  Show Profile
One of the problems with buying a "box of bits" is I don't know where many of the components go. The rear engine mounts on my M Type appear to be rubber sleeves in the flywheel surround casting with a couple of rubber doughnuts on the under side. Query one is do the bolt heads press on the rubber sleeves (perhaps with a washer between) or do they press on the casting? I have found two bolts and their head diameter is the same as the bore diameter in the casting. Query two is the front mount - does the front bracket bolt directly to the chassis or is there a rubber strip in between.

Thanks for the anticipated replies

Jan T

John Haine

United Kingdom
208 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  17:00:41  Show Profile
Jan,

I could send you a photo of the setup on my car. The holding down bolt is a 3/8ö BSF bolt inside a steel tube which passes through the rubber ôdoughnutö. The doughnut has a steel band around it to stop it spreading. There is a smaller rubber conical piece which sits in the recess on the top of the engine casting. This is topped by a large washer and the 3/8ö nut, as the bolt passes through from below, I suggest.

The front mounting bracket bolts through thin rubber onto the chassis

Regards

John
Go to Top of Page

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  16:18:25  Show Profile
John,

Thank you for your reply. As with lots from my box of bits the parts weren't from an M type at all so I am afraid it is an engine mounting kit from Mike Dowley.

Once agin thanks for the advice

Jan T
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000