Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Peter Green
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  07:06:25  Show Profile
Dear MG friends,

Many of you will know that Peter Green has not been in the best of health for some time and very regrettably things have deteriorated very recently. The leukaemia that had been lurking has intensified and in consequence Peter is now receiving palliative care at Wexham Park hospital, near to his home at Farnham Royal. It is his wish that his MG friends should be aware of this situation.

As you would anticipate Peter is receiving great support from Elizabeth and Diane and family members, who would be happy to receive messages of encouragement to pass on to Peter.

Sincerely,
Dick Morbey

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  09:09:38  Show Profile
I first met Peter in 2015. He replied to a post I had placed on the forum asking about fitting a blower to my PA and invited me to his house to discuss the project. It must have been apparent that my technical knowledge was sufficient to get myself, and the car into serious difficulties as he offered to do the job for me and no doubt saved the car!

He has since become a friend; hugely generous with his time and advice supporting me through several projects that I would never have taken on without knowing he was there to call upon.

Peter once told me he that on leaving school he had to choose to make a career from one of his two passions - market gardening or classic cars. He chose market gardening as a career and cars as his hobby." If it was the other way around I would now have retired from cars and watering the flowers would have been my retirement"

Clare and my thoughts are with Peter, Elizabeth, Diane and their families.

Tim

Edited by - Tim Luffingham on 17/04/2020 09:32:55
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  09:25:16  Show Profile
Very sad news indeed. Please pass on our best wishes to Peter and his family at this difficult time.
Last met up with Peter and Elizabeth at Oulton Park later last year when Andrew was racing the Formula Junior Cooper. Such lovely people.
Ray & Barbara Masters.

Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1723 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  09:37:20  Show Profile
This comes to us all in one form or another and at some stage or another.

I am sorry that it should be cancer and now.

Thank you Peter for all you have done.

One of the stalwarts.

P
Go to Top of Page

Nick Dean

United Kingdom
444 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  09:47:54  Show Profile
Very sad news, my best wishes to Elizabeth and Andrew and all the family at this difficult time. Over the years Peter has given me so much advice on the intricaces of building our MMM engines etc.. Nick.

N A Dean
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  11:06:22  Show Profile
Please pass on best wishes to Peter and family from Steffi and I. Reading this has actually brought a tear or two to my eyes and I don't mind admitting that here in public.
Peter is so giving, of time, help, knowledge and hospitality. Peter and family are so giving and always give us not only a very warm welcome to, but ensure that we all enjoy their Summer Gathering for example
If there is anything we can do, please just ask.

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  12:05:37  Show Profile
Such sad news

Peter is one of the nicest people you could wish to meet and such a fountain of knowledge of all things associated with our cars.

He really is "Mr Triple-M"

Our thoughts and prayers are very much with him and the family

Bob & Joan Milton
Go to Top of Page

mgmog

United Kingdom
467 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  12:35:33  Show Profile
It is very sad news, at Stoneliegh he was like a big kid inspecting the M type on display to see how to progress the car he had acquired at the last summer gathering. Hope they can help you finish it Peter.

Rich Stott
Go to Top of Page

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  12:56:32  Show Profile
This is indeed sad news. I have known Peter from my earliest days in MGs. He came to our very first premises in Bromley in 1969, then Wadhurst, then Chislehurst and finally up here in Stratford. Both a customer and a friend, he was fountain of knowledge and taught me a great deal in the early days.
Sue and I send our sincere best wishes to you Peter, and to Elizabeth, Diane and the family.

Yours, Barry & Sue Walker.
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  13:06:22  Show Profile
I have known Peter for more years than I care to remember, he has always been very helpful in every way and so generous with his time.

Peter helped me with his trailer when I collected the L2, and he also helped when I had a query with adjusting the ENV 75 gearbox. A big highlight was when Peter lent me Aramis for one of the Triple-M weekend events I helped to organise and based at Prescott. What generosity and what a privilege to be let loose in such an historic and valuable car.

Peter and his very supportive family are very much in our thoughts and prayers.

George and Margaret Eagle
Go to Top of Page

Mirek Sharp

Canada
126 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  13:10:50  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear this very sad news and my sympathy and best wishes go out to Peter's family. As a newcomer to the Triple M fraternity I have only recently come to know Peter and although he did not know me, he provided ongoing and invaluable help in sorting out a blower for my PA. Living overseas our communication has been largely by email, but I feel honoured to have met Peter personally at the Summer Gathering at his home last year. Such an esteemed member of the M.G. community will be very much missed.

Mirek
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  13:21:51  Show Profile

Very sorry to hear this sad news about Peter.

I can only say I have always found him to be an absolute gentleman, going out of his way to be as helpful as possible with his friendly nature.

Chris Harrill
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  14:02:08  Show Profile
For years I used to spectate at MG race meetings and I had my own special heroes, including of course PG. At that time Peter was one of a handful of people with the knowledge of how to make these cars really perform as they should do and who were not averse to regularly putting their cars through their paces, just as Cecil Kimber would have liked.

In the early days I was running a standard J2 as a road car until one day I got the bug for racing. Twelve years later, I had produced a suitable competition car and in 1994 I pitched up at MGCC Silverstone for my very first race. The weather was not very nice and I was extremely nervous. I shall never forget the friendliness and support given to me by some of the other Triple M competitors, but in particular Peter and his family. I hardly knew Peter before that day but I was made to feel so welcome and included. They even fed me and supplied beer after the race! Thereafter I had 14 years of Triple M racing, including quite a few friendly tussles with Peter in the K3 or Andrew in the Cracker, come to that!

If ever I had any mechanical issues at a race meeting, Peter would usually be the first one to come over to offer help and solutions. It was a bit like having a second dad. I have certainly acquired a great deal of knowledge from Peter over the years and many times I have been the recipient of his great generosity.

One of the highlights of my Triple competition over the years was the occasion when Peter offered me a drive in the K3 at the VSCC Brooklands sprint. A nanosecond later I of course accepted. It was a fantastic experience driving in anger such a historic car at that legendary venue. That memory will remain with me for ever.

Peter’s a great bloke, always upbeat with a chuckle especially if it’s a leg pull or a practical joke.

Thanks for everything Peter.

Andrew.

Edited by - kimber on 17/04/2020 14:32:11
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  14:02:26  Show Profile
Very sad news. Always friendly and helpful, I have always admired the way Peter has kept and used his cars, not to mention the wonderful Summer Gathering,

Best wishes to you Peter.

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

FrankAshleymgm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  14:59:19  Show Profile
Like everyone else, very sad news indeed. we only ever managed to get to one Summer Gathering which was last year, it had always clashed with something before, and Peter made us so welcome and allowed us to leave the M-type and trailer overnight in his care. we like to think that the cake made his day. Our good wishes and thoughts go to his family.

Frank and Thelma
Go to Top of Page

rossk

United Kingdom
495 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  17:33:00  Show Profile
What sad news. I wish him all the best.

Ross Keeling
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked