Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Alex Norman - what's your car status?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tapope

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  04:44:35  Show Profile
Team,
A couple years ago a gentleman named Alex posted a status of a beautiful little MGM restoration. What was more impressive was that is seemed to be carried out while attending Univeristy... and the quality of work seemed outstanding. I was so impressed, I saved away some posted photos under Alex's name on my hard drive. Today I happened upon those in-progress photos and wondered what the current status might be. I suspect, given the drive and vividly apparent capability of the owner, that this little car may be a concours winner by now! Alex, are you still out there? How is that little M doing?
Regards, Tom

Tom Pope
1931 Midget

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  13:54:44  Show Profile
Alex's car was first registered with us many years ago (chassis number 2M 1835 Register Number 901). I think Ian Lobb owned it at the time. I have Alex as the current owner but no photos so if you can copy me a couple they'd be useful for the archive.

I'll try to contact Alex and draw his attention to your forum entry.

Cheers.
Bob Clare
Registrar
100570.2213@compuserve.com
Go to Top of Page

Alex

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  15:07:45  Show Profile
Hi Tom, Bob and all,

Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier - I have, to my (and others') surprise, sold the car. I bought it hoping to take it on rallies and the like, and then found once I'd finished the car that I just didn't have the time to compete in it any more. It has gone up to Scotland, to a gentleman from Aberdeen... For the forseeable, I'm down to just my everyday 'modern' car (an early-60s 2-stroke Saab)

The last I saw of the midget, it was doing very nicely, finally behaving reliably... I'm still at university, but now doing a PhD, so the long holidays have gone!

Regards,

Alex
Go to Top of Page

tapope

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  06:57:55  Show Profile
Alex,
sorry to hear the car has moved to another owner.
Would love to see photos of the final product!
Congrats, though, on having finished it.
Tom

Tom Pope
1931 Midget
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000