Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Rear axle dipstick
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2008 :  20:27:31  Show Profile
Having just made a new knob for my dipstick my curiosity is aroused as to the reason for the flat on it. I had assumed that the one on my original was a modification but closer inspection indicated that it is probably a feature of the original casting. Can someone enlighten me please.

Maurice Blakey.

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1568 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2008 :  23:31:57  Show Profile
Having just made a new knob for my dipstick my curiosity is aroused as to the reason for the flat on it. I had assumed that the one on my original was a modification but closer inspection indicated that it is probably a feature of the original casting. Can someone enlighten me please.

Maurice Blakey.
[/quote]

Furthermore, mine has a small channel-section (approx 1/16" wide x 1/16" deep) groove from top to bottom of the flat. Any takers for this as well?

Perhaps both the flat and the groove provide an extra breather hole for the axle, supplementary to the hole in the top of the axle/half shaft casing.

Bruce.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000