Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 race transponder question
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2008 :  19:51:47  Show Profile
i'm hoping to enter the MMM race at Silverstone in June but the entry form states that a transponder is required.
where is a good (and inexpensive) place to get one from?

r.warr

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2008 :  22:12:36  Show Profile
These used to be supplied at the circuit by the timekeepers.
Is this no longer the case.?
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2008 :  00:12:09  Show Profile
Ronald,

When you say supplied do you mean 'provided free of charge'? If so unfortunatly this does not happen at MGCC events BUT they can usually be hired from the timekeepers for about ú20 per meeting. Timing Solutions Ltd sell them for about ú225.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2008 :  06:43:44  Show Profile
Peter

Remind me, what is the justification in charging us for the use of these things? The the VSCC don't. I could understand a deposit system (money back on return or, as the VSCC do, race licence held pending return).

Not expecting things to change, but at least if I'm going to be ripped off I like to know why.

I guess it depends who owns them and who has forked out ú50-60K to buy the things.

Reminds me, must renew licence and get Silverstone entry in.
Go to Top of Page

rbm

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2008 :  13:32:53  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by kimber

Peter

Remind me, what is the justification in charging us for the use of these things? The the VSCC don't. I could understand a deposit system (money back on return or, as the VSCC do, race licence held pending return).

err........I guess because the time keepers have spent thousands on buying them to hire to you?

Richard
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2008 :  17:44:48  Show Profile
Perhaps I didn't phrase the question as well as I could have done. The point being that at several other race meetings I have attended, these things are loaned (free of charge). In one case I paid a refundable deposit and in all cases my race licence was held pending safe return of the transponder. I'm just curious to know how other organisations manage to operate a system where no charge is necessary and we apparently cannot?
Go to Top of Page

rbm

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2008 :  09:11:47  Show Profile
true, I'm fairly sure that some of the bigger clubs own there own transducers, rather than using the timekeepers and I know one club block hires the time keepers and puts the charge in the entry fee, I was suprised that there are diffrent types and not all fit the same mounting bracket - I have had to resort to cable ties and duct tape before today.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

r.warr

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2008 :  20:28:20  Show Profile
Sorry if I misled anyone but its about 20 years since I ran a race meeting and after making some inquireies it appears that this as not been the case for many years. Now you either rent one or buy one but either way you provide the transponder yourself. Exception is the VSCC who have their own.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000