Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MMM Paint Colours and modern equivalents.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clive

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2020 :  22:09:31  Show Profile

I have a good fair amount of documentation on prewar paint colours, and some modern equivalents, but one bit is missing, and that is what was the name and code of the Brown used on the Cream bodied and Brown winged option cars. I think this was only listed for 1936.

I recall once hearing that it was mixed specially for each of the not too commonly ordered cream/brown cars from the standard Green and Red, so there was never really a "factory Specification" brown.

Was there a standard ? Is there a modern equivalent?

Any comments appreciated, Thanks

Clive
Oxford, UK

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2020 :  11:37:08  Show Profile
Greetings Clive and welcome to the Forum.

It is many a day since we last heard from you, but I see that you have a PA and a PB - could you please get in touch with us at secretary@triple-mregister.org because I suspect that our records of your cars are well out of date!

I had hoped that the Malcolm Green 4-cyl book would have given a clue as to the paint colour you are asking about, but alas there is no mention of the brown shade ....

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

chris Wallis

United Kingdom
143 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2020 :  13:29:54  Show Profile
Hi Clive the late MGB & MIDGET used a color called russet brown which looks very much the same as the high speed van. [just a thoght]

C L Wallis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000