Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Ted de la Riviere RIP
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cooperman

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2020 :  15:25:29  Show Profile
A note from Jo & George Ward
It is with great sadness that we are letting you know that Ted de la Riviere died yesterday. He has been battling Alzheimer’s for 5 years and this wretched disease finally took him. Ted and Sally have been stalwart Natter (The Phoenix, Hartley Wintney) members since the early days and have supported BBQs, Gribble Runs and have always attended the annual dinner. As many people will recall, Ted was owner of Beech Hill Motors for many years until he retired and their son Will took over the business. He will be very sadly missed and we were delighted that Sally joined us at our renaissance Phoenix Natter lunchtime meeting a couple of weeks ago.

John Cooper M 628

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2020 :  16:42:17  Show Profile
That's very, very sad news. Ted and Sally were among my very first, and very best vintage car friends back in the seventies when I was a student and finding my way in the sport, meeting at the Phoenix on first Thursdays and at their house many weekends. Sally worked at the VSCC office in Newbury with Peter Hull and Rosemary Burke - those were the best VSCC days. Ted was rebuilding a magnificent Arrol-Johnston and Sally had a little Austin 7 Box saloon - yellow and back called Bumble. So they also supported the North Hants Austin Seven Enthusiasts Club. I think Ted had been a Formula 1 mechanic in the past and then worked for a bearing company so could always get hold of any rare bearings required.

If anyone can put me back in touch with Sally, I'd be very grateful indeed.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2020 :  00:52:30  Show Profile
John,

I copied your post over on to the VSCC forum. Hope you don't mind. They hadn't picked up on the news yet.

Ian
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2020 :  14:22:17  Show Profile
Thanks Ian I was going to do it myself but wasn't sure if he was known in VSCC circles, as I think he started with T's, A's and B's, but thanks anyway.
I noticed you called him Ted Rivers, was that a typo or was he known as that?
John Cooper M

Edited by - Cooperman on 22/07/2020 14:24:13
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2020 :  16:06:04  Show Profile
Hi John,

Thanks. Yes he was very much involved in the VSCC, as was his wife. And everyone called him Ted Rivers, which he preferred. I probably knew him some time before I discovered his formal name!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000