Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 chassis
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gerard

Netherlands
39 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2008 :  13:18:51  Show Profile
I am restoring a J2. There is a deviation in the rails or in the curvature of the chassis rails near the front engine-mounting/crosstube that is causing a problem but I cannot define exactly what or where it is. Sofar I didn’t find any data for the chassis in Blower or in the archive.

Could anyone advise me where I can find the correct measurements for the chassis or supply me with these data?

Regards
Gerard van Putten NL

Edited by - Gerard on 30/04/2008 18:05:18

David Allison

United Kingdom
665 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2008 :  12:58:49  Show Profile
Probably worth contacting another owner more local to you and check his J2 chassis - as the problem might be simply a manufacturing issue and not a problem at all.

Do you know of any accident occuring to the car?
Not really sure what your problem is without seeing it - however it is not unknown for chassis to be damaged and require a repair.

It is worth checking the dimensions across the spring mountings, engine mountings and both the end to end and diagonal dimensions of the chassis - if these dimensions are all ok then the chances are that the deviation was intentional.
If not then we are back to a damaged chassis - they are quite easy to repair (although you should seek expert help unless you are an experienced metal worker).

Sorry I can not offer any more help.
Regards David
Go to Top of Page

ht1962

Netherlands
114 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2008 :  19:05:06  Show Profile
Hello Gerard,

You can contact the MG workshop in Monster they have a couple of J2's over there.

www.mgworkshop.nl

Regards Halbe Tjepkema

halbe
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  19:22:47  Show Profile
Beste Gerard,

I'll send you an e-mail in Dutch. Would be a bit odd to try and help you through the forum and in English while we both speak the Clogs language!

Regards,
Cathelijne Spoelstra
MG Workshop

Edited by - Cathelijne on 02/05/2008 19:23:18
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000