Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MGCC 90th anniversary social event
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2020 :  14:08:20  Show Profile
The MGCC is organising a social event on October 10th at the Gaydon Museum. Outline details are below. Evidently they can accommodata anything up to 1,000 people which implies 500 cars .

If you are thinking of going along perhaps you coud say so here, just to give us an idea of how many Triple-Ms may be there. We'll keep you posted with any other details that we hear about!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

FrankAshleymgm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2020 :  18:26:27  Show Profile
Hi Dick, please count Thelma and myself with the M

Frank Ashley
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2020 :  19:42:25  Show Profile
And me, please!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

wiggy963

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2020 :  13:24:40  Show Profile
I would like to go with NA.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2020 :  14:02:20  Show Profile
Thanks everyone who has replied, which is helpful in gauging the number of likely attenders. Keep them coming!

Bookings have to be done through the British Motor Museum website, but I don't think they have opened their lists yet...

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

wiggy963

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2020 :  10:31:40  Show Profile
Looks like Gaydon may be a little crowded on 10th Oct.

https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/whats-on/living-with-a-classic-part-2
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2020 :  13:16:02  Show Profile
I have just spoken with the team at the British Motor Museum and they report that online bookings will be available from w/c 8th September.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2020 :  12:00:17  Show Profile
A further update today from Lauran of the MGCC Kimber House team who reports as follows:

"We are currently still going ahead with the event as Gaydon is a Covid Secure Venue and has all the necessary measures in place. Numbers are capped inside both buildings and they've limited the event based on the amount of parking spaces in the areas to the front of the museum. The latest announcement from the Government doesn't prevent it going ahead.

I've been assured by the museum that tickets are selling well but they have made it clear that they will refund tickets should the event not go ahead."

I should add that although Triple-M owners are encouraged to attend the event if they wish, the Register itself won't have a formal presence. This is largely because of health/vulnerability issues that affect many of us.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1641 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2020 :  19:06:29  Show Profile
I cannot believe this is going ahead. This hardly sends out the right message in the face of all that the Government are asking people to comply with.

TH
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
965 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2020 :  20:20:59  Show Profile
Well said, Terry!

Quite apart from the issue of sending out the right message, and irrespective as to whether Gaydon is a Covid Secure Venue, there is a growing number of areas, particularly in Wales, where travel outside of the appropriate 'county' boundary is forbidden, save exceptional circumstances.

JJ
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2020 :  08:01:01  Show Profile
As every headmaster has said, "just because you can, doesn't mean you should'.

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
655 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2020 :  14:58:08  Show Profile
I see that the MGCC have put out a posting today extolling how covid secure this meeting is going to be.

My view is to stay well away

It is just the same as the arguments for getting spectators back into football stadiums. You can very safely get 1000 in a 30,000 seat stadium - but you have no control whatsoever in what the 1000 are doing when they are going to the match and after the match.

Go to Gaydon [or anywhere] with your MMM and you will attract the potentially covid ridden flies around your car [and you]

Want to risk it ???
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1641 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2020 :  15:49:47  Show Profile
Absolutely agree with you Tony and so do all the people who have emailed me direct. The MGCC should act in a more responsible way and cancel this event to ensure their members are not put at risk for the sake of chasing a few bucks.

TH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000