Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J2 Restrictor Pin
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simon

United Kingdom
450 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2008 :  18:30:01  Show Profile
I know what the specification should be for the cyl. head restrictor but recent experience with a pin to spec seemed to provide too much oil such that it couldn't get away fast enough back through the front ball race and dribbled out of the front of the crank even though there is now a proper oil seal there. replacing the pin with one giving less flow seems to have stopped that leak but how can one judge "correct" oil flow? It still now flows out of all the cam follower holes though not copiously and the oil isn't splashing about much.Comments welcome. Simon J4199

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2008 :  18:41:37  Show Profile
Simon,

You say that the restrictor pin is the correct size, is the hole that it goes into the correct size?

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2008 :  19:17:40  Show Profile
Good point Peter. Hole should be 0.25 inch and the pin was ground slightly under that at 0.248 inch. If you would like me to double check your pin dimensions against an original Simon you can E mail them to me. There was some incorrect ones around a few years back.

TH
Go to Top of Page

Simon

United Kingdom
450 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2008 :  17:34:48  Show Profile
Thanks for that,My pin is ,in fact,.24"dia and the hole in the head is tapered from about .256" to .25". I had faced off one side to .221" but this must be too much given the taper and undersize pin.Mathematically(if I am correct)a .221" section off the .25" dia = about .003", the difference in cross section area between .25" and .24" = .oo4" (I think)hence a completely round undersize pin as I have should be OK ???. Getting all a bit anorakish?
Thanks any way--- Simon.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000