Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ajc

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2008 :  21:10:07  Show Profile
Evening all....

Just a note to say hello and introduce the car..

It is a L2 with a KN engine and was bought as such in 1961ish. It was sort of restored in the late 1980's, though never completely finished and has languished in t he garage till last Christmas when it was decided to fully complete the car. Never having much of the original body, save the bonnet, it was and still is a two seat special. Originally having an odd un-original kamm-tail in 1960, this was changed to a pointy tail late 1980's. Otherwise it is pretty much as found then.

I will try and dig out the chassis number et al, Bob C was pleased to re-find the car for the records.
http://www.taliadinky.com/mg/sideview.jpg

A

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2008 :  21:27:42  Show Profile
Welcome, Adrian.

Glad you found us. Did you get the Silverstone race details OK? They are available on-line, if not.

The car looks very sweet indeed.

Best wishes

Andrew Bradshaws
Go to Top of Page

ajc

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2008 :  21:33:41  Show Profile
Yes,, have now found the forum......I did get the entry in thank you, though have since had an issue with the front chassis crosstube where the steering box attaches...so I feel that there is no chance to give the car a run in before the race....So it looks like I will have to cancel entry .

I am currently waiting for a new crosstube. New cast bits, pinned and welded to be sent. Hopefully in the post at the moment.

Looks like the end june it will all be ready...

A

Edited by - ajc on 22/05/2008 21:34:16
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2008 :  00:41:21  Show Profile
Adrian,

I can lend you a cross tube if it will help get the car raceworthy for Silverstone.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2008 :  06:49:05  Show Profile
The power of the Forum!
Go to Top of Page

ajc

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2008 :  14:07:37  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Green

Adrian,

I can lend you a cross tube if it will help get the car raceworthy for Silverstone.

Peter.

That is a very generous offer, thank you, though I have literally one in the post as i type this. It was completed on wednesday (the new crosstube; MW steering box version) and has been posted to Baynton Jones where the car is being finished. I trust that it will fit....

If it does not fit, I may ask to borrow for a detailed measurement if that is ok.

Adrian
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2008 :  19:06:45  Show Profile
Just for interest sake, this car is based on the L1 chassis number L 0345 (not an L2 chassis number they all started 20..), Triple-M Register Number 0142 - a very early Register entry.

Look forward to seeing it at Silverstone!

Cheers.
Bob Clare
Registrar
Go to Top of Page

ajc

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2008 :  19:56:03  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Clare

Just for interest sake, this car is based on the L1 chassis number L 0345 (not an L2 chassis number they all started 20..), Triple-M Register Number 0142 - a very early Register entry.

Look forward to seeing it at Silverstone!

Cheers.
Bob Clare
Registrar

Aha, thanks for that Bob, my email filing is not up to scratch so was having difficulty finding anything in the chaos of the inbox....

As you can see technical details are not my forte.....

So apologies, it is a L1....

I am going over to my parents this weekend, so will try and find the slides from the sixties that were taken of it and post a few more up....I have it in various states of completion and dissasembly..

I wonder if someone in its past was trying to recreate a "Musketeer" car...i believe they ran a L type chassis with a N type engine

Edited by - ajc on 23/05/2008 23:49:22
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000