Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Doug Harris RIP
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cooperman

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2020 :  20:38:07  Show Profile
Sadly Doug died at about 3.30 this morning. His wife Margaret and daughter Anne were with him. He had been unwell for a couple of years and had been in care since the beginning of the year. He had spent much of his final years rebuilding an Airline saloon (PB I think), which he never got to see completed or be able to drive.
When circumstances allow there will be a celebration of his life, a life well lived. One of life's gentlemen
RIP Doug

John Cooper M 628

Edited by - Cooperman on 22/10/2020 20:39:22

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2020 :  21:10:55  Show Profile
Very sad news, John. Doug was hugely respected for the qualities you describe. RIP

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2020 :  21:18:36  Show Profile
One of life's gentlemen indeed. One of the kindest and unselfish people I've had the pleasure to know.

We were restoring our Airline Coupes simultaneously, and Doug graciously let me crawl all over his PA project car to learn more about my NA. Thanks Doug & Margaret, and I'm sure when Will Opie is finished with the PA, he will make you proud.

Godspeed my friend.

tommm on a gloriously warm and sunny autumn day

Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2020 :  16:29:51  Show Profile
Margaret has informed me that Doug's funeral will be this Friday, 6th November, at 12.30 and obviously due to Covid restrictions only 30 can attend. It will, however be streamed on line. If you would like to "be there" can you please let me know with your email address, so that Jane, Doug and Margaret's daughter, can email you the details.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2020 :  13:57:41  Show Profile
What very sad news.

Doug was a real enthusiast who rebuilt his 18/80 saloon and was in the throes of rebuilding his PA airline - owned since the 1960s. He also owned at least one MGB.

It was me who introduced Tom to Doug at MGCC Silverstone,

Doug also won the Mary Harris trophy driving his M type with supercharged PB engine; he still owned it when I last saw him about 2/3 years ago.

Rest in peace Doug.

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 04/11/2020 14:22:38
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000