Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 K or Q type preselector remote control OBTAINED
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Westbury

United Kingdom
2044 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2020 :  09:03:37  Show Profile
Still looking for a K or Q type remote control for a type 75 preselector gearbox.

Anything considered.

Thank you,

Chris

Edited by - Westbury on 31/10/2020 08:04:10

coracle

United Kingdom
1970 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2020 :  14:07:44  Show Profile
Having had a fruitless search for such a remote myself, I have taken an alternative approach. It occurred to me that a J or P remote could be adapted (not modified) to serve the purpose.
I have in development such an adaptation that does not butcher the original remote, but utilises the main casting within which a suitable mechanism is arranged to actuate the ENV 75.
My logic is that sxx's law dictates that once I have progressed far enough, sure enough a remote will come along.
Development has reached the stage that I am confident that it will succeed. The internal gearing works well enough; picture of the skeleton is appended. Eventually it is intended that the business end will take the form of an enclosed octagon.

See also: https://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18730

Edited by - coracle on 31/10/2020 14:11:57
Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2020 :  08:48:28  Show Profile
Nigel - I was with Tom Dark yesterday picking up a Q type remote. He was happy to let it be known that he has just made a batch with a few unspoken for. You can reach him on 07737 225798.
Tim
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1970 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2020 :  10:34:20  Show Profile
Many thanks; as usual with Tom, I am having trouble striking up contact with "the Dark side."
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1970 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2020 :  14:27:38  Show Profile
The Dark side has made contact and it looks as though my need will be satisfied.

I knew Sxx's law would prevail. I will carry on with my remote anyhow as I am well on the way and it would be a shame to abandon the project.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000