Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 M Type gear change
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2020 :  09:51:29  Show Profile
Has anyone (apart from Sam) seen or possibly got one of these? -Rich

Fergus

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2020 :  10:45:36  Show Profile
I have! And have one on my M - I bought it a number of years back on a 4 speed box. I was missing the rearmost aluminium casting, and had to fabricate something to serve the same purpose.

More pictures available if you need.

Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3106 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2020 :  10:50:35  Show Profile

Thanks for starting this thread Richard. I have been wondering who made these and what they looked like when new.

This is the one I have -

The aluminium casting close to the gear lever seems to have been the Achilles' heel in what would otherwise be an effective design. The welded on steel bracket on mine is clearly an old substitute for a disintegrated original.

Apparently these will fit both three and four speed gearboxes and can work very well.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

Fergus

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2020 :  10:54:28  Show Profile
There are also a couple of images from a McEvoy minor in a previous topic: https://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=8640&SearchTerms=gearbox

Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3106 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2020 :  14:09:05  Show Profile
Etienne Tinant who is the proud owner of a very rare McEvoy Special has sent me these pictures
of the remote on his car.

The rear bracket looks more substantial on this example and it has survived well. I assume this is a later version.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3106 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2020 :  10:17:26  Show Profile

I have been trying to find an advertisement for one of these but without success. Apparently they work well and so far as I can tell will fit a three speed as well as a four speed gearbox. So far there is no evidence that this is a Derrington product.

Derrington seem to have made a better job of advertising their three speed remote but I have yet to see an ad for Derrington's very rare four speed remote .

Sam
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000