Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 ARMSTRONG PRE-SELECTOR REMOTE
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Peter Cundy

Australia
40 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2021 :  07:43:22  Show Profile
I am hoping that someone may have a spare one or can direct to a supplier? The type with side levers for Fast running and Choke preferred. Peter

Peter Cundy

paul55

Luxembourg
732 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2021 :  08:18:45  Show Profile
Peter, if you mean this type, I bought it from Tom Dark, but it was a few years ago. I would try Andy King, he might be able to help.

Go to Top of Page

cleydon

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2021 :  17:40:17  Show Profile
HI Peter,
For what it's worth, I've written Tom Dark and Andy King for the past three years in an effort to get these side levers for the remote. I have never been able to get them to respond to my requests no matter how thoughtful or patient or kind I express my need. I wish you the best of luck, but should you elect to have them made, I'd love to hear from you.
Best, Chris
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2041 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2021 :  20:27:22  Show Profile
Hello, Chris. ( and Peter )

I think I may have a drawing of these side levers somewhere if you fancy making them yourself.

P.S, Chris, Greg who now has our old KN has been in touch with me.

Regards,

Chris

Edited by - Westbury on 31/01/2021 20:39:00
Go to Top of Page

Mark Caroe

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2021 :  21:22:18  Show Profile
I recently made a pair out of brass for my car, I also couldn't find any either. I attach a photo, they take a couple of hours each to make on the Myford, they are fiddly with the octagonal facets. Feel free to send me an email. I intend to chrome plate the levers. I didn't have a drawing so they as close as I can get from photos for an amateur.

All the best

Mark

Mark Caroe
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2041 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2021 :  22:22:40  Show Profile
Hello, Mark.

They are superb and much better than the originals!

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Dan F

USA
846 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2021 :  23:36:26  Show Profile
Chris:
I will eventually need a set of the side levers as well . I would love to see the drawing,
thanks
Dan
Go to Top of Page

cleydon

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2021 :  15:40:51  Show Profile
Thankyou Chris and Mark for your posts. Very nice job, Mark! I suspect it might take me a bit more than a few hours to make, but I would love a drawing should you still have one. Are these similar to the ones you have made, Chris?
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2041 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2021 :  15:43:34  Show Profile

Okay, Dan,
I will let you know when I find them.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2041 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2021 :  15:51:35  Show Profile

Hello, Chris.

Our posts have just crossed. The drawings I have are of the originals and the octagons are not as pronounced as Mark’s, and are a lot slimmer too.
I should have drawings of the internal bracketry as well.

Still searching amongst my files !

Chris
Go to Top of Page

cleydon

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2021 :  16:18:49  Show Profile
Many thanks, Chris

I had remembered that they were slim and the boss at the bottom of a smaller diameter. It will be exciting to see the actual drawings!
Best, Chris
Go to Top of Page

Mark Caroe

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2021 :  16:45:34  Show Profile
Chris,

I'd be really grateful for a copy of the drawings too, I'd like to get them right!! I can always slim down the bosses. I am also interested in the drawings for the connecting levers as they are next on my list.

Many thanks

Mark

PS I also tried to get the levers from Tom as he supplied the remote. I think the problem is a tiny demand and a significant programming set-up cost for him to make them.

Mark Caroe
Go to Top of Page

Peter Cundy

Australia
40 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2021 :  07:50:43  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for the advice. Peter

Peter Cundy
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2041 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2021 :  13:58:28  Show Profile

The ‘drawings’ of the control lever and rods for the preselector. Apologies for the poor quality, it is quite a while since I last saw them!
I have similar details of the gear wheels if required.
I would recommend Mark’s version.

Chris

Go to Top of Page

Gerhard Maier

Germany
879 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2021 :  14:25:01  Show Profile
Thank you Chris for your interesting drawings.

A while ago I also needed a pair of levers for my other car, and to make a copy, I measured the (original?) one which I had. (sorry about the millimeters!)

But in the end using this one to make a sand casting, was straightforward.
Gerhard

Go to Top of Page

cleydon

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2021 :  15:40:59  Show Profile
Thank you everyone who has contributed to the thread on this topic. I think I have enough information to make units for my own selector.

Interestingly, when I went through my own junk box, I found a lever which is nearly identical to Chris' drawing. The design is as I remember on K3020 when I restored it. Gerhard's and Mark's lever would certainly feel more robust and pleasing in the hand when operating.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000