Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Cable brakes and Prewar MG experts
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Johnball

United Kingdom
98 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2021 :  14:12:09  Show Profile
I believe that my cable brake lines should be oiled, not greased ? Where can I find an oil gun suitable for this ? I assume it must be different to an ordinary grease gun.

Also, are there any Prewar MG owners/experts that live near me in Purley. I am going to need some future knowledge and advice. Currently my knowledge is 1950’s cars.

wct

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2021 :  15:01:00  Show Profile
Here in the States the H&W Machine Repair Co. offers a nice oil applicator for zirk type fittings and works on the rounded fittings on our MMM MG's as it does not lock on to the zirk, just presses against the nose. H&M market the pump for Bridgeport milling machine way lubrication. Product of Germany I believe, but I have no source other than H&W.
~$30

It is small and does not leak a drop of oil in any position.
Word of caution...the internal sealing plug follows the oil to bottom of reservoir as it is dispensed. There is a loop to hook and pull up the seal to refill, but do not let the seal go all the way to the 'floor' on empty or you will have a devil of a time removing it!

https://www.machinerypartsdepot.com/product/12PB20

Go to Top of Page

Michael Lees

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2021 :  15:06:14  Show Profile
I've found this oil gun to work well

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LATHE-MILL-CAR-BOAT-OIL-GUN-PETROLEUM-HIGH-PRESSURE-OILER-PUMP-ACTION-TOOLBOX/273914427129?hash=item3fc69276f9:g:9SEAAOSwsnVdjnLJ

Mike Lees
1930 'M' 2M1145
1938 'VA Tourer' VA1937T
Go to Top of Page

Johnball

United Kingdom
98 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2021 :  16:11:08  Show Profile
Thanks to both of you. I have just realised that the original version of the one on eBay, maybe exactly what I have with my XK120 toolkit. Although full of grease, maybe I will try to clean out and fill with oil ? If not buy that one from eBay.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000