Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Reflectors and local natter
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phil

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2008 :  09:53:02  Show Profile
Hi again, I just bought some reflectors, daft question, is there a proper place to mount them (on the rear before anyone says it)!
Also, as I am nearing MOT, I thought I might go and see my local natter and find out what happens. Im just outside Blackpool, and I am aware there is one nearby, but dont know where or when, I found it ages ago on the net but can no longer find the info. Any ideas?
Cheers
Phil.

John Reid

United Kingdom
705 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2008 :  13:05:30  Show Profile
Phil,

The MOT Testers Manual for rear reflectors say: "Each vehicle is required to be fitted with two reflectors, one on each side fitted symmetrically", which I guess leaves you to decide on final position. I could not find any reference to the position having any relationship to the width of the car.

I have put mine either side of the number plate backing (which is mounted above the rear chassis cross tube and covering the bottom of the spare wheel), and the MOT man is happy.
John R
Go to Top of Page

john wells

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  20:52:24  Show Profile
Hi Phil, just read your post, Octagon run a natter at The Camberra Club Salmsbury Aerodrome on the A59 about 2 miles east of juntion 31 on M6.Second Tuesday of the month (next tuesday), you are very welcome to join us as are all, dont need to be a member. Not many MMM's but lots of T types,my P type would like some company.
Give me a bell on 01282 776616 any evening.

Cheers John
Go to Top of Page

phil

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  09:25:46  Show Profile
cheers john, will do my best to make it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000