Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 July Safety Fast!
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3681 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  12:06:58  Show Profile
Dear All,

Before anyone else asks why there was no Triple-M section in the July edition of Safety Fast, let me explain!

As Register Scribe, I provided copy and pictures to the Editor at MGCC Kimber House by the due date, but for some unaccountable reason he and the printers did not incorporate the material into the magazine. To further compound this, the Club - incredibly - failed to spot the omission at proof stage.

By way of amends, the Club has agreed to give us an expanded section in the August edition of Safety Fast! This will include some of the July material.

In the meantime it's planned to put the material for "July that never was" onto the Register website and maybe the main Club website as well.

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743

David Allison

United Kingdom
665 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  12:13:04  Show Profile
Dad used to experience similar problems in the 60's - some things never change.

Never mind Dick - the scribe of the Silverstone report failed to note that it was David Cooksey's C Type being driven by Oliver rather than owned by hime and missed Fred Boothby (also clearly in photo) altogether.
Added to which the commentators lack of knowlege of MMM cars has me in a combination of hysterical anger and giggles every year I go.

I have a couple of ditties for you if you like?

Regards David
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
913 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  12:44:51  Show Profile
There's also that "sour" letter from a bloke who doesn't like J2s very much........
Go to Top of Page

David Allison

United Kingdom
665 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  12:58:54  Show Profile
Nah mate he doesn't like our dads very much!

You see he doesnt like mine much either.

Regards David
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3681 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  14:56:07  Show Profile
David

Yes, all ditties (assuming they are decent) are welcomed by your humble scribe!

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  16:24:57  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by David Allison

the commentators lack of knowlege of MMM cars has me in a combination of hysterical anger and giggles every year I

Entirely agree. "The blue car..." "The red car...." "Number twenty-one...."

Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
965 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  21:03:56  Show Profile
As a member of the Editorial Committee I do apologise. In mitigation, the incidence of Silverstone in the "Safety Fast!" timetable and the need to get the report out in the July issue put enormous pressure on the Editor at a time when he was obviously concerned about his wife, who is expecting their first child any day now.

Nevertheless, it should not have happened (I would have been most annoyed if my 'T-Type' Notes had failed to appear) and lessons have been learnt. A simple check list will be introduced to ensure that all the Register and Centre Notes/Newsletters have been included.

Neither I or my colleague on the Editorial Committee (Chairman, John Day) get invovled in the 'nitty gritty' of the production - we are there in an advisory capacity.

Looking back on the previous twelve issues which we have published since the 'divorce' from "MG Enthusiast" I am really proud of our achievement. We have confounded the 'Jeremiahs' who said that we would never get enough copy to keep the show on the road and I believe that we now have a really good Club magazine.

That is not to say that we can sit back and relax. Continuous improvement is the name of the game and I personally want to see more pages and more feature articles. You can be assured that I will be beavering away to try and bring this to fruition.

Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3681 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  08:01:18  Show Profile
Thanks John,

I never doubted your commitment or that of John Day - the results speak for themselves. The July business was "just one of those things" and I'm glad that some sort of protocol now exists to prevent future omissions.

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000