Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 ANE 641
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PeterL

United Kingdom
1729 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2021 :  13:57:18  Show Profile
Thanks for this John. I would like to see a Register Library somewhere, somehow...

I note your comment that usually the owner will buy and that is the case I am sure.

What I wonder is who bought this album. I would have contributed a little to pay for it if there had been mechanism for the club to purchase...

Food for thought...

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2021 :  15:12:11  Show Profile
As I mentioned, I am Archivist for the Austin 7 world, so have some experience of this and feel I should chip in. Establishing an Archive is a good thing. When was the best time to do it? 30 years ago. When is the second best time to do it? Today.. An Archive however does require some significant 'management'. The Archive I took on effectively was a random collection of 'stuff' that had been accumulated over many years. The last 5 years have been sorting, rationalising, cataloguing and digitising. For many people - even those in the UK, visiting such a collection would be difficult. Digitising the artifacts and building a web site that permits sharing of the materials is imperative, in my view.

What has proved interesting is, as a result of the project, a) people now know an Archive exists b) they know what it holds and c) they see it being well managed. As a result, I am now beginning to see a steady trickle of donations of some remarkable stuff. I have just been donated an album of pictures from a relative of a chap who was a mechanic on the racing team in the 30s. Some fabulous photos, many never seen before. Artifacts can come from the most humble places.

If you are interested, you can see what we have done by visiting http://archive.a7ca.org/ If anyone is serious about going down this path, I am more than happy to talk it through with them...

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1729 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2021 :  07:34:50  Show Profile

Concur ...

I would certainly help with an archive if we followed Hugh's suggestions.

Problem is "age and senilty!"

Sorry, I missed this post!.

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000