Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG 533
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tkw

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2021 :  10:49:25  Show Profile
Hi all, I have just joined the forum as I have become the new owner of MG 533. It's my first pre-war MG although I have had an Austin 7 and some pre-war bikes. I haven't had a chance to give it a proper run yet hopefully I will get be able to soon.

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3680 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2021 :  11:01:25  Show Profile
Hello Tristan,

First, a very warm welcome to the Forum and Triple-M ownership. We are here to help in any way possible as you get to know and enjoy your M type. The register publishes a wider range of material,including our Yearbook and our bi-monthly bulletin, to name just two - details are on the library pages of this website.

I know the car fairly well, as it was owned for a while by a lifelong friend (from junior school days). When he bought the car it had been given a peformance makeover, with a special extractor exhaust manifold and carburation, but he was never happy with its performance so he returned it to standard spec, albeit with a 12/12 camshaft. Subsequent owners seem to have spend a great deal of money on the car, so it's to be hoped that it's now in even better fettle!

Mike Dalby is our M-type registrar and I am sure he'll be in touch with you.

In the meantime, have you joined the MG Car Club? - the Register is a section of the Club and I'd encourage you to join if you haven't already done so. Details are at https://www.mgcc.co.uk/join-now/

Looking forward to seeing the car out and about..

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

Edited by - DickMorbey on 02/11/2021 11:04:15
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
654 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2021 :  12:34:26  Show Profile
In 1975

Go to Top of Page

Tkw

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2021 :  20:04:15  Show Profile
Thanks very much for the Welcome Dick, I understood that the car is quite well know. It seems to be in pretty good shape generally with a little of it's age showing. The engine has since been rebuilt. From the paperwork it looks like there was some top end issues but the engine was pretty well gone though. Lot of other mechanical issues have also had attention. I'll follow up on the MGCC membership I'm sure it will be very helpful.

Tony, thanks very much for posting the pictures, it's great to see the history of the car. It looks like a few things have changed, the lights are now chrome, the wheel black and the wheel has been stringed but overall much the same.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000