Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Chassis Files
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PeterL

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2021 :  13:54:20  Show Profile
Probably being a duffer but how do you order them?

I used to email John Innes but gather he has left...

Maybe advice on the west here would be a good idea or maybe I need new glasses!

Whichever, help please!

Cheers

P

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6168 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2021 :  14:31:01  Show Profile
I believe that Peter Neal (peterneal@mgcc.co.uk) handles chassis file requests but a chap I know who recently acquired a couple of L1 chassis in Dublin has been trying for months to even get a reply from Peter, never mind get the actual chassis files. I had the same experience a couple of years ago when I was looking for a copy of a picture. I never got a reply despite several follow up emails so wrote to Ineke and got the photo within a day.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3681 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2021 :  16:18:06  Show Profile
Peter, John Innes left some years ago, since when the archives have been managed, as Simon says, by Peter Neal. I am told that he will not be returning to the office until the end of June but I don’t know why email requests to him all going unanswered. He is, if he would not mind me saying so, an elderly gentleman, previously associated with the works and is on a purely volunteer basis.

I suggest you contact the current general manager, Roy Locock who is at roy.locock@btinternet.com who may be able to open a few doors for you. Good luck!

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2021 :  17:11:24  Show Profile
Thank you Dick and Simon, will do...

Do you think the avenue should be on this site? Perhaps not until a fluent service can be managed, but thank you to Peter for taking it on even if it is a bit irregular!

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
965 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2021 :  18:51:44  Show Profile
Pete Neal is an octogenarian who has been involved with the Archive on a voluntary basis for over 20 years.

When Pete took it over, it was in a sorry state with no security and therefore no control over who took what.

Since the outbreak of the pandemic, Pete has not been able to attend the office; indeed the previous Directors instructed him not to attend.

He has no access at home to his office e-mail and that is why e-mails to him have remained unanswered.

Pete started in the Drawing Office at Abingdon in (I think) 1954.

Pete tells me that Colin Withers is now the Director responsible for the Archive.

JOHN JAMES

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6168 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2021 :  20:22:21  Show Profile
Perhaps if the Club were unable to provide Peter with email access at home for his Club email account they should have set up an auto reply offering an alternative person to contact?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2021 :  08:30:27  Show Profile
or set up a forwarding arrangement in his MGCC email account. My guess is that they will use Office 365 which readily provides this facility. Half of my staff have this for their mails. It takes moments to set up and can be done remotely by the account administrator.

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6168 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2021 :  16:25:49  Show Profile
I'm pleased to report that my friend made contact with Roy Locock and got a positive response within an hour or so. Roy apologised for the lack of communication and said that Ineke Sherman would follow up on the request. So it would seem that Ineke has got her job back - see the contacts page on the Club website - https://www.mgcc.co.uk/about/contacts/

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1506 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2021 :  17:44:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Simon Johnston

I'm pleased to report that my friend made contact with Roy Locock and got a positive response within an hour or so. Roy apologised for the lack of communication and said that Ineke Sherman would follow up on the request. So it would seem that Ineke has got her job back - see the contacts page on the Club website - https://www.mgcc.co.uk/about/contacts/

Simon J
J3437

Thanks for the update Simon. I do hope so, ref Ineke

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2021 :  19:00:00  Show Profile
And she has already been in touch about the files... so good service indeed and one happy customer.

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  10:27:03  Show Profile
It has really made my day to learn that Ineke is back with us.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000