Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 2021 VSCCA Castle Hill Hill Climb
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cris DaBica

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2021 :  16:57:36  Show Profile
After an 18-year absence, the VSCCA (together with the trustees of the Crane Estate in Ipswich, Massachusetts) put on a pre war-focused hill climb at Castle Hill yesterday (10.17.21) The event was notable for a few reasons. First, it was the culmination of the efforts of a small group of club members working to win back the trust of the property’s caretakers after an unfortunate incident caused its demise. Second, it showed that the club (long seen as the standard bearers for “early” car racing in the US) had been listening to its pre-war car owners, and were committed to providing events that made more sense for them. Third, it included the largest gathering of Automobile Racing Club of America cars in a long time.

The entry consisted of a great mix of makes: Amilcar, Auburn, Bentley, 2 BMWs, 3 Bugattis, 2 Ford specials, a Lorraine-Dietrich, Rover, Riley, Stutz, and, of course, the largest contingent: MGs. Triple-M cars included 3 J2s (one was Peter Ross’ ARCA/trials car), 2 P-types (a blown PA and the Lester PB1237,) and an NB (NA0878). There were also 2 TAs (both of which were ARCA cars,) a TB special, and a TC (previously owned by Karl Ludvigsen.) Understanding that these quantities pale in comparison to the fabulous turnouts that happen for events like Prescott, they are strong—and will hopefully get stronger—over here in New England.

A full gallery can be found here (I unfortunately have no action shots as I was driving in the event):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133762659@N07/albums/72157720035404419

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000