Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Painted front registration letters and numbers
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Johnball

United Kingdom
98 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2022 :  14:34:24  Show Profile
What is the law about my subject. I like many others have the letters and numbers hand painted, in my case in white with a body colour of dark red on the supercharger cover.
I saw some details on the Gov website about white on black plates, but not that clear for our age of cars. I seem to remember someone saying pre 1937 cars were exempt, but that may be hearsay ?

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2022 :  15:48:56  Show Profile
My J2 has had the registration number displayed in this way since the mid 50s, first white letters on dark green apron, then white on black since the mid 70s. It has never been a problem with either MoT or the boys in blue (even when the latter were lecturing on displaying a tax disc - they didn't like folding windscreens & recommended the motorcycle type holder, nearside so visible from the kerb).
Go to Top of Page

Nick Dean

United Kingdom
444 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2022 :  20:12:11  Show Profile
I wouldnt worry about this, I shouldnt think any Mr Plod would know anything about this. A friend with a TC has very nice numbers & letters cut out of alluminium sheet, they have been on his car 52 years. Cheers, Nick

N A Dean
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000