Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Horn push and dip switch
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1579 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2022 :  19:11:00  Show Profile
Paul,
You need one of these, but may be in black?

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

Ktype

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2022 :  09:57:35  Show Profile
Dear Kevin I did send you an email which may be in junk if not in transit
paul.mullins115@gmail.com

Regards

Paul
Go to Top of Page

KevinA

New Zealand
676 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2022 :  01:14:29  Show Profile
Hi Paul

you made my spam folder but I have just replied

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Gerhard Maier

Germany
881 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2022 :  09:49:18  Show Profile
On the Horn/Dip switches from the period when the dipping of the headlight was arranged by canting the lamp-reflector with a solenoid, the Horn/Dip switch only had the function to switch on or off the current for that solenoid.
In that case only one cable left the Horn/Dip switch to operate the change of the headlights from “main” to “dipped”.
In the later Horn/Dip switches a pair of alterable points change the current from “Main” or “Dipped” by moving the handle. In that case 2 cables leave the Horn/Dip switch to feed the lamps.
It is possible with some “fiddling” of the Horn/Dip switch to convert the early type in such a manner, that lamps which have not the canting the lamp-reflector system, get either the current for the “Main” or for the “Dipped” status.
The alteration of the original condition needs only a 3mm hole drilled in the Bakelite of the Horn/Dip switch body, and is easy reverted when wanted.
Gerhard

Go to Top of Page

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
232 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2022 :  19:03:48  Show Profile
Paul. I have all types of horn buttn /dip switch in stock including genuine MMM paralell sided ones with large push knob in either black or brown complete with correct chrome base plate to fit to dash (or rhombic panel), ready wired, no hassle. £96.50ea. (+ vat if in UK).
Enquiries to barry@barrywalker.com

To all: We have just finished restoring another batch of very important (and often broken) Lucas PLC2 ignition/light switches and a batch of 2" Jaeger 8 day clocks, J2/L2 speedos, PA/NA odometers and the cluster panel baby gauges.

A full list of our latest stock replacements will occur at beginning of the month in Traders Forum.
Go to Top of Page

bruce porter

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2022 :  08:35:19  Show Profile
Paul
Look at mg auctionwatch mmm parts ,they have one nos for sale at £75
Good Luck
Bruce
Go to Top of Page

Ktype

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2022 :  13:24:44  Show Profile
Kevin I have not heard back from you and that may as before may be emails going astray. Are you around?

Paul
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000