Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Dashboard edge trim
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  00:12:12  Show Profile
I'm having a frustating time trying to find a source of the metal trim which goes round the outside of the P-type dashboard.

I am aware that an Austin Maxi contains someting similar, but in the absence of a scrap Maxi, does anyone know of a source?

Thanks, John R

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  00:44:44  Show Profile
John

I think the T type cars have this metal trim on the edge of the dashboard. I had a TC with this type of trim and should be available from Moss or NTG.

Fred..
Go to Top of Page

rodb

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  02:36:32  Show Profile
Mike Dowley can supply this also

Rod
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  21:43:28  Show Profile
Many thanks for the helpful replies. Will be following them up
John R
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2008 :  13:05:37  Show Profile
Didn't know that you could buy it (perhaps you couldn't some years ago) but have made my own by slicing all but 3 or 4 mm from one leg of light gauge half inch brass angle (I have a band saw but laborious use of a hack saw would do it) and rounding the "edge" with a fine file and about 240 paper, then having it chrome plated. Sounds a bit of a rigmarole but easier to do than one would think!
Go to Top of Page

Gordon

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2008 :  18:01:19  Show Profile
I have used Mike Dowley's product on my PB. The biggest problem I found on fitting was how to produce those neat chamfered corner joins. After trial and error I found what I consider a simple and very satisfactory solution by snipping the strip with a good pair of side cutters! Try it on a scrap and see if it works for you.
Gordon

Gordon
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scully

United Kingdom
157 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2008 :  20:54:04  Show Profile
As there wasn't a dashboard with the boxes of bits that was the car when purchased and now having obtained a nice new dash and edging I've no idea how the two were originally joined. Is it best to nail or screw the edging to the dashboard?
Thanks,
Peter
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2008 :  21:02:15  Show Profile
Was originally nailed, but have re-fixed mine using some tiny countersunk screws which make future removal a lot easier, in the unlikely event of that being necessary.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000