Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 F Type for Auction in New Zealand
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rodb

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  02:35:06  Show Profile
Bonhams Goodman have an 1932 F Type F0581 for Auction in New Zealand on the 14th September in Nelson. Details can be seen on the Bonhams website NZ.

Regards Rod.

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2008 :  16:07:46  Show Profile
Hello Rod,

Thanks for the info on F 0581 (which started life as a salonette)and the Bonhams auction.

Bob Clare
Registrar, Triple-M Register
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2008 :  10:44:48  Show Profile
I believe there was also a mark XV1 Spitfire for sale in this auction. If only ......!

George
Go to Top of Page

rodb

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2008 :  21:16:15  Show Profile
Spitfire sold for 3164000.00 Dollars including IBP, not sure if NZ$ or Australian $ as Bonhams & Goodman is an Australian Company. The F type had a listed price between $65000.00 and $80000.00. It failed to sell

Rod
Go to Top of Page

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2008 :  10:21:41  Show Profile
I wonder why Bonhams didn't describe this car as a "replica"? Rich
Go to Top of Page

rodb

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  08:09:20  Show Profile
Extracts from Bonhams description.

The auction catalogue states "This example was acquired in the 1980's in chassis form together with all the correct parts necessary to build an F-Type Magna. A suitable ash frame was imported from the UK............ Although not a matching numbers car, this immaculate MG looks like it was finished yesterday and is presented in Mint condition. Offered with sundry invoices."

In New Zealand Transport Rules issued by the authorities are soon to be changed to allow a vehicle such as this (once a Salonette) to be described as a "Rebodied Vehicle" providing the new body is identical to a factory option or a bespoke option available when new (1932) on the original chassis. The term Replica is only used when the entire car is a copy and recently made. (it's not an MG then, it just looks like one)

I guess the word "Replica" is used differently within mmm in the UK.

Bonham's described this car as a "1932 MG F Type Magna Sports" there is no mention of "F2 Replica" I doubt if they knew of the pending description changes in NZ.

I do know of this F Type and have seen it several times. It is a superb example.

Rod B
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000