Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 PA/NA Clutch Disk FOUND
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Justin Heal

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2022 :  17:48:22  Show Profile
Barry Walker has them exchange or purchase, he might be willing to swap a thick early one for a thin later one?

my plate and disc are both the later style, thin disc, thick plate, but need relining,
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1967 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  13:41:42  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by frederick wheeler

Hi lew,
Are you using a late type thick pressure plate 0.850 approx, or an early thinner type 0.775 if so the you cannot use the early 3/8” thick disc (with the corks). The thickness of the pressure plates is not the only difference! The cross drillings on the later plate are about 1/8th” further back from the friction face thus a combination of early disc and a later pressure plate give an impossible extra total distance. I will try to get a picture which would make this much easier to follow. I can probably help with what you need.

Fred
f wheeler

Lew,

I thought I might have a spare pressure plate but on digging it out it turned out to be the later thick one which you already have.

Anyhow the photo's illustrate Fred's point:

Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3247 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  14:54:57  Show Profile
I have the late pressure plate and an early driven disk, which is a wrong combination. However, I have been able to shim the cover out 1/8 inch and that seems to work. I am having a steel ring laser cut out of 1/8" steel and replacing the bolts with slightly longer ones, so problem should be solved.
Thanks all for your help. But if someone comes up with an early early driven disk, please let me know.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, 2M1281, NA0651
Go to Top of Page

frederick wheeler

France
42 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2022 :  06:39:38  Show Profile

Lew,
Surely what you need is a late driven disc ? I have one which I am not going to use as my preference is for the earlier and in my opinion better quality disc.I have both types of pressure plate so I have the choice. The disc I’m offering (for the cost of carriage only) may need re-lining, not for thickness, it measures 1/4” but it is old and the molded on lining looks a bit wavy to me!

Fred.

f wheeler
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3247 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2022 :  17:26:26  Show Profile
Fred,

I would be delighted to receive an earlier driven disk which is 1/4" thick. Please contact me offline at the email address in my profile, and we can talk further. I keep getting confused as to which is thick and which is thin, but what I have now is a driven disk which is close to 3/8" thus is too thick for the pressure plate I have.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, 2M1281, NA0651

Edited by - LewPalmer on 27/04/2022 17:31:20
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1578 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2022 :  11:56:56  Show Profile
Does this help:

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

Ian lawrence

New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2022 :  00:00:42  Show Profile
Lew Hi from NZ. I have a solution that may work? I made from a high quality Skill saw blade a drive plate for a 1300 cc rally car " when I was young Once " I had the blade machined to suit the yoke and then had it professionally welded. It worked a treat with the punishment it received.
I am sure you could then obtain the desired thickness of circular saw blade to suit your requirement.
Good luck with your problem. Cheers Ian PA 1327 and 1362

Ian L
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000