Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Praise for the smaller car
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  09:59:10  Show Profile
As the somewhat "traditional" British "Summer" closes its doors and the Autumn colours grace the countryside, a new experience creeps in through life's door:

My J2 has been off the road for the last few months, having an engine transplant, now finally nearing completion after an enormous effort this last week to get most things "finished" and fitted. Still waiting for some vital throttle parts before it can run though.

Whilst busying myself making new floor boards on Wednesday afternoon in clouds of saw dust and sunshine, enter my garage the owner of a freshly restored C Type. I've followed this restoration with very keen interest and seen how impressively it has been completed. Suffice to say it's a fabulous testament to its owner/restorer.

To cut straight to the chase, I was offered a drive in said car and wow it's as impressive to drive as it looks. I'd never imagined it could be so agile, tight in handling and able to pull all the way up the range. Being the first blown car I've driven and the first ENV gearbox I've used there were many distractions from driving a "new" car.

However, all these things gave way to the shear enjoyment and amazement provided by a true midget. Just a few minutes was enough to give a lasting sensation but I can't quite get my head around 9 or even 24 hours in one, those guys must have had spines of steel!

Thanks Mr R, a great experience. Anyone got a C type for sale?

Robin

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  19:03:26  Show Profile
Hi Paul

Glad to hear from you, hope your recovery is going to plan.

In answer to your question, one I was expecting by the way, it's too late as the engine is installed and simply I can't afford it at the moment. I'm sure I'll be tempted in the future but will see how the new engine performs in the mean time. Hope to get the car back on the road within the next couple of weeks or so.

I'd be tempted to build a different lighter car to gain the full benefit from a blower I suppose but we'll see how space and time pan out.

Regards

Robin

Go to Top of Page

Bob Hudson

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  21:35:40  Show Profile
Hi Robin
Now you know why I have kept my C type since 1961. A blower on the J2 would give you more power but you would not get the chuckability or the beautifull gearbox and sound of a blown C type.

Bob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000