Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Website access
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  09:20:53  Show Profile
Many times I have difficulty accessing our website. Only on about 50% of the time am I successful. Am I alone in this?. All other websites give me no problem at all. I would be grateful for any comments that may improve my success rate. Thanks, Ray M.

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  10:26:13  Show Profile
Ray,

I have had no trouble accessing the website.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  10:47:20  Show Profile
Hi Ray,

Do you use Mozilla Firefox? I do, and although I do always have access to the website, it's doesn't work as good as it does with Explorer. Perhaps this is what is going wrong?

Regards,
Cathelijne Spoelstra
Go to Top of Page

r.warr

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  14:27:26  Show Profile
I use firefox on both Microsoft & Apple and have never had a problem accessing the site
Go to Top of Page

Gordon

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  14:58:45  Show Profile
Hi
I do have problems occasionally but it is always at weekends! Applies onlt to this site. I have assumed that some maintenance is being carried out!
Gordon

Gordon
Go to Top of Page

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  15:26:56  Show Profile
What on earth is Firefox and Mozilla ('thought the latter was the monster in the black and white version of King Kong). Isn't it obligatory for every MMM owner to know someone aged under 15 years who can set up their computer for them - and show them how to send text messages.

Looking forward to the NEC Classic Car Show

Jan T
Go to Top of Page

Amilcar John

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  17:51:31  Show Profile
I frequently have problems accessing the site -and yes I am using Mozilla Firefox -which is not a bad idea as it leaves you less exposed to viruses etc than Explorer...

Can anything be done?

John

MG J3 replica
Go to Top of Page

bob

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  22:15:16  Show Profile
I also have been experiencing difficulty accessing this site. It was down again at around 7pm.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2008 :  00:28:58  Show Profile
I use Compuserve and I've only had a problem when the site really is down and that's very rare in my experience. I guess some servers are better than others?
Bob Clare
Registrar
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2008 :  01:14:40  Show Profile
Thank you guys. I monitor the website for access and recently I have found it a lot better. Recently the site was migrated to a new server and I have found access much better.
Please let me know if you experience particular problems and I will harass our providers.
Firefox is an internet browser. It is free, and very good. If you want to try it, go to www.mozilla.com/firefox/ and download it.
Nick
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2008 :  16:25:05  Show Profile
Thank you guys for your many & varied replies. It seems there is no one simple answer to the problem. I am using Explorer which seems to work O.K. for some so, for the time being, will persever with that. Ray.
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  12:21:48  Show Profile
Hi Ray
I am sorry you are finding the site slow at times. As you can see from the other responses, some members do not seem to experience your problem. They could of course just be lucky!
If you would make a record of dates & times when you find access impossible or very slow I will forward it to the folk who maintain the server. I have no idea who else uses their server, it maybe that there is a user consuming too much bandwidth. It is worth a try if it improves the service for which we are paying!
Please send the reports directly to me (nfeakes@hotmail.com).
Nick

Specialties: P-types & Electrics
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2008 :  09:56:27  Show Profile
Nick. Many thanks for your continuing interest. I will monitor accessibility over the next couple of weeks or so & drop you an e-mail with the results. Cheers for now Ray.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000