Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Exellent help on my J2 Cracked Block
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bills

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2008 :  15:16:08  Show Profile
The engine block was cracked from the front ns stud upwards at an angle of about 45degrees for about 10cm. I considered a couple of options but ended up contacting Surelock in Rutland. I am happy to report excellent friendly service/help from Nick at Surelock.

I live in Hampshire Southern England and had a business trip planned to Newport Pagnall and on to Sheffield where I was to spend 2 full days and nights. Nick agreed to start work on the block the minute I delivered it and would have it done in the 2 days. It transpired my 2 day trip was reduced to 1 full day. I dropped the engine off at Surelock at 4:30 pm and Nick said he would have it ready for me by 5:00pm the following day! And it was the devil of a job as when Nick removed the sump part of the corner of the block where the stud had been fell off. This had to be remade, plus of course the cracking was much worse that appears to the naked eye and a piece had to be stiched into the block. A phone call from Nick on the day of pick up - because of the difficulties it would probably not be ready until 7:00pm. Not everyone would demonstrate that commitment. When I arrived at around 6:00 Nick was just finishing off.

The workmanship to my eye looks fantastic and, once the block is repainted the repair will not be visible.

I have no connection with Surelock or Nick but would like to thank him for great customer service and a job really well done.

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  12:25:27  Show Profile
If you give me their contact details I will add them to the suppliers list. Always pleased to acknowledge good service.
Nick

Specialties: P-types & Electrics
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000