Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG ??
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Johnball

United Kingdom
98 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2022 :  14:03:15  Show Profile
This morning I was at a breakfast car meet in my KN, when someone came up to me who said he had been given some photos of an abandoned MG. He knows nothing about MG’s and asked me find out about it. The Reg is ALA 5, which according to DVLA is a 1933 705cc MGJZ ??? Must be typo?. Last log book issued 1983. The photos are very strange. The headlights look too big, there is an inner frame to the radiator grill, but rather strangely it has a 6 cylinder engine and either no carbs or they are on the other side to the plugs. The pictures are very poor and not a lot of close up detail and no picture of data plate. Any one know this car or what it is ? I do not have a copy of the photos only the name and phone number of the person who showed them to me.

Nick Feakes

USA
3400 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2022 :  14:40:09  Show Profile
John
If you can borrow the picture and upload it to the "Seeking information .." forum, I am sure that would be a huge help in identifying the car.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1729 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2022 :  15:44:20  Show Profile
Need those photos

but typos corrected would suggest 750cc J2 which could be a J3 or 4...

the radiator could have a muff or stone guards and larger headlamps were sometimes fitted...
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6162 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2022 :  15:57:25  Show Profile
ALA 5 is J3145, a blue cycle wing J2, seemingly not heard of since it was sold by University Motors.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000