Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 K1 4 seater for sale
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
365 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2022 :  17:35:07  Show Profile
Last year a wheeler/dealer in one of the Benelux countries acquired a most original and rare Weyman bodied Amilcar in fine running condition. He proceeded to break up the car to supply engine and gearbox and bits for a 2-seater CGSS Amilcar replica. Rumour has it that the original Weyman body was not preserved but burnt. When this information was received by the Vintage Sports Car Club , the membership of the wheeler/dealer was instantly cancelled . It would be nice to think that MGCC were made aware of the actions of the VSCC .
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1729 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2022 :  20:51:56  Show Profile
It is the rules that allow this behaviour. If replicas could be built on replica chassis, and raced, it would not be necessary.

Edited by - PeterL on 18/10/2022 20:52:36
Go to Top of Page

Ralph

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2022 :  12:26:11  Show Profile
I found this article from the Daily Express in 2020 if of interest:-

Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2022 :  19:18:13  Show Profile
Brilliant Ralph. I do hope this K1 remains in it's current form :)

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2022 :  10:01:23  Show Profile
There are many postings here where owners are enjoying their K1s so can l take this opportunity of mentioning the K1 for sale in the States .
The widow of the late Brian Kelly is anxious to sell Brian’s K1 and his PA . Brian was in the process of restoring K0436 and had , I understand , built a new body and restored the chassis . Generally the car is complete but requires restoration and assembly .
Asking price is $45,000 . Knowing the cost of shipping , the value of the pound etc the car may be of more interest to our American friends but the opportunity to acquire a genuine K1 is there .
Brian’s PA , which he had owned for many years and had travelled far and wide to G O F meetings etc is priced at $ 40,000.
For further information please email Brian’s widow :-
bobbiefrances99@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000