Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Bob Milton RIP
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3680 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2022 :  13:03:17  Show Profile
Today we received the very sad news that Bob Milton passed away early on Monday morning. He had been suffering from motor neurone disease.

Bob was an inestimable friend of the Register over very many years. He was closely associated with the R types - he owned RA0257 and RA0258 for a while - and became a repository of colossal amount of engineering and other knowledge about these cars.

He also served as our Register's treasurer from 2009 until 2017, when the onset of his illness meant that he could no longer take such an active part.

We have lost a kindly, generous and lovely man.

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3243 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2022 :  14:45:23  Show Profile
How very sad , Bob was a much respected and very knowledgeable member and as Dick notes he was our Treasurer before retiring.
It was such a pleasure to know Bob and to serve with him on the Committee.
Rest in peace dear Bob.
George

Edited by - George Eagle on 18/10/2022 14:46:08
Go to Top of Page

Gerhard Maier

Germany
877 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2022 :  16:15:46  Show Profile
During the 8 years that I restored RA0257 to its original condition, Bob never tired of answering my technical and historical questions.
How could I have accomplished this task without Bob's help.
Unforgettable, many, many thanks Bob !
Gerhard
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2022 :  17:27:28  Show Profile

It was indeed a pleasure to serve with Bob on the Triple-M Committee. A true gentleman that will be missed by so many.

Our thoughts are with Joan and all the family.

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2022 :  17:53:36  Show Profile
Very sad news . I have know Bob since the 1960s when he lived in Shropshire. He had the two R types then , one of which he was busy modifying rather drastically to try and take Class H records. My condolences to Joan and his family .
Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2022 :  13:13:32  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for your kind words, it means so much to all his family at this sad time.
Go to Top of Page

Wiessmann

Germany
89 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2022 :  18:03:29  Show Profile
What sad news.
Bob always shared his immense technical knowledge with constant friendliness and warm helpfulness.
He was a major contributor to the compilation of the history of MMM competition cars.
My thoughts are with Joan and family.
Rest in peace dear friend.
Karl
Go to Top of Page

Paul White

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2022 :  12:29:58  Show Profile
What very sad news, I had a lot of contact with Bob as treasurer and had many interesting conversations re the Bulletin and all things MMM.
A great loss to the Register of a true gentleman and MMM member.
My sincere condolences go out to to Joan and his family.
Paul
Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2022 :  13:31:35  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.

Below are details of the funeral along with a weblink for those who are unable to attend in person.

https://www.dignityfunerals.co.uk/funeral-notices/17-10-2022-robert-john-milton/
Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2022 :  12:40:22  Show Profile
Bob’s son Paul here. Apologies if anyone had difficulty using the webcam feed yesterday. The username on the funeral notice was incorrect. It should have been fome7990 instead of frome7990. This will still be available to watch back within a few days if anyone could not make the day yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2022 :  14:55:48  Show Profile

Dear Paul,

I was able to access the webcam feed yesterday after contacting the funeral directors who provided the revised details. The service was lovely, Bob certainly lived a very full life indeed.

Very best wishes to Joan and all of the family.

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3243 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2022 :  10:51:58  Show Profile
We missed the first part of the service due to an error in the password. This morning the link worked well and we were able to see the service in full.

George
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000