Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Heritage Certificates
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

markymark

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2022 :  15:24:13  Show Profile
Hi, noticed that the Britishmotormuseum.co.uk site supplies heritage certificates for classic cars (novelty item more than anything) but seemingly only for 1953 models onwards, just wondered if anywhere else did these for prewar?
Cheers
Mark
J3002 ‘Agatha’

Ian Grace

USA
661 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2022 :  00:10:13  Show Profile
Mark,the museum at Gaydon holds the original production records for a number of early Nuffield models, but some of these records 'escaped' to various one-make clubs before they got their act together. Some, including me, would say that was a good thing. The museum still holds the original hand-written ledgers (known as the Progress Books) for the pre-war Morris Minors, and I think the Wolseley Hornets, but the earlier Bullnose and Flatnose Morris records were snapped up by the Bullnose Morris Club many years ago. I believe that the early M.G. records were also liberated in the past, and that the MMM Register holds the MMM records. I suspect the reference to 1953 onwards might indicate that the museum only holds the records for M.G. production from 1953 and that all the earlier records now reside with the various M.G. clubs - very probably the main M.G. Car Club, but I'd be happy to be corrected.
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1051 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2022 :  06:59:49  Show Profile
The MGCC indeed holds most triple M files.
Send a message to kimber house and ask for your complete factory file.
This could/should include a copy of the production ledger showing chassis and engine nr and build date.
If you’re lucky it also includes any factory correspondence with the owner of the car.
This usually includes fixing the first broken crank doors flying open and diffs breaking.

Onno "J,D,M" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3680 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2022 :  07:56:38  Show Profile
Thanks for your contribution, Onno.

Yes, the person to contact at Kimber House is Ineke Sherman and when making your request please could people send a copy to Mike Long who is our registrar link with Kimber House.
Ineke@mgcc.co.uk and cpb425@outlook.com

Please also quote your MGCC membership number if you are a club member or a member of an affiliated club such as the NAMMMR etc, because Members pay a lower rate for the service!

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page

Teifion

United Kingdom
145 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2022 :  13:17:12  Show Profile
Thanks for this info Dick.

Teifion
Go to Top of Page