Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J2 bonnet and number
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simon

United Kingdom
452 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2022 :  12:53:01  Show Profile
The previous topic on chassis numbers mentioned bonnet numbers. I have always been puzzled why my J2 has no trace at all of any sort of numbering or lettering on the bonnet hinge on what was a fairly original untampered body. I suppose it could have been a replacement but that seems unlikely. Also one of the bonnet sides has at some time a tapered fillet skilfully welded/brazed to the front edge to bring it back to the vertical. About 1/2" taper as if to accommodate a sloped radiator and then repurposed? I know, I must get out more (but it's tippling down"!)
Simon C.

John Brinkmann

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2022 :  19:02:09  Show Profile
Like Simon's, no stamp or marking has ever been found on my J3's bonnet hinge. I am relatively certain from other evidence that the bonnet is original to the car. It is possible, even lkely, that the original blue paint was not factory spec.

John.
J3752
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1729 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2022 :  22:21:19  Show Profile
The Fs sold in chassis form did not have chassis numbers stamped on the bonnet...
Go to Top of Page

Bob Grunau

Canada
290 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2022 :  14:29:55  Show Profile
J3017 and J3128 both have bonnet numbers and colours.
Bob

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000