Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Calling all N type owners.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2008 :  17:06:35  Show Profile
I seem to have come across another one of the N type mysteries where I need to gather data.

It appears that there are different lengths of original rear shock absorber links bars. These are bent round bar and fit between the shock absorber arm and the rear axel fitting. I have spoken to Graham Brown of Vintage & Classic Shock Absorbers Ltd and he says he has 5 or 6 lengths on his records for N type customers. He said that someone thought that this was the difference between 2 and 4 seaters. I am not FULLY convinced but this could be part of the answer. The lengths may have varied between other N models as well ND, Airline etc. I think it could be tied up with the difference between early and late rear springs as these changed during production.

I would like to gather data on this as part of my research on all things N type. So please can N type owners provide me with the following information.

1 N chassis number
2 Body type e.g. 2 or 4 seater, ND, Allingham and so on… or special body
3 Early or late type rear springs
4 Length of link measured between centres.

So that we do not clog up the forum pages, please could you forward your measurements and car data to my email address. Forum users know how to do this(I hope). I will collate the data and when I have some idea where this is going I will share my findings with the site.

However, if someone does know the answer please share it with us all.

Thank you for help in advance.

Terry Andrews

graham4233

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2008 :  20:27:23  Show Profile
Terry, as you know my NA 0640 does not carry it's original 2-seater body but I do have several of those arms in my spares box. I will measure them and let you have the details but I can't vouch for their provenance.
Regards Graham
Go to Top of Page

rodb

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2008 :  05:58:09  Show Profile
Terry

The NB 2 seater we are restoring did not have the original rear shocks fitted. Please advise the results.

Rod.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000